The organizers of two of Tampa Bay’s most popular fall fests are taking steps to ensure they don’t contribute to the rising COVID-19 rates.
D’Ann Lawrence White Patch Staff
TAMPA, FL — While they’re not ready to cancel events this year, the organizers of two of Tampa Bay’s most popular fall events are taking steps to ensure they don’t contribute to the area’s rising coronavirus rates.
The organizers of both the 10th annual Gasparilla Music Festival and the 11th annual Tampa Oktoberfest are requiring that those attending show proof of vaccination or the results of a negative coronavirus test before being admitted to the festivals.
The music festival takes place Oct. 1-3 and Oktoberfest is the following weekend, Oct. 8-10. Both are being held at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, 600 N. Ashley Drive, in downtown Tampa.
Ticket holders will have to show proof of one of the following to enter the festivals:
- A negative PCR test administered by a medical provider/official testing center no earlier than 72 hours before the time of their performance.
- A negative rapid antigen test administered by a medical provider/official testing center no earlier than 24 hours prior to the time of their performance. Home testing kit results will not be accepted.
- A CDC vaccination card showing an individual is fully vaccinated.
“We do not take this decision lightly,” said the Oktoberfest Host Committee in a news release. “However, we are implementing these reasonable and necessary measures to ensure that we maintain the safest and healthiest environment possible for our guests, crew, vendors and production members.”
Organizers of the nonprofit Gasparilla Music Festival said these restrictions will offer a level of comfort for both the performers and the cheering crowds while ensuring that the show goes on to raise funds to support music programs at Title 1 elementary schools.
Presented by Coppertail Brewing Company in Tampa, the Gasparilla Music Festival welcomes more than 35 local and national bands across four stages along downtown Tampa’s Riverwalk.
Headliners at this year’s Gasparilla Music Festival include Grammy nominee for best dance/electronic album Sofi Tukker and hip-hop superstar Nas. Also, featured Saturday night is Durham, North Carolina, duo Sylvan Esso, and closing the festival on Sunday will be the celebrated Southern rock and jam band Gov’t Mule.
The event also features food and drinks from local chefs, and offers family-friendly programming on several stages each day.
Here’s the festival lineup:
Friday, Oct. 1
- 5 p.m. DJ Casper
- 6 p.m. Cade
- 7:15 p.m. Babyjake
- 8:30 p.m. Mod Sun on the JW Marriott Stage
- 8:30 p.m. the Young MC at the Camp the Park After-Party on the JW Marriott Stage
- 9:45 p.m. Soffi Tukker
Saturday, Oct. 2
- 1:30 p.m. Gospel Choir
- 2 p.m. Artikal Sound System on the MA Stage
- 2:30 p.m. The Wildmans on the Marriot Stage
- 2:45 p.m. Noan Partly on the Ferman Amphitheater Stage
- 2:45 p.m. The Drain Outs on the Replay Guitar Exchange Stage
- 3:45 p.m. Glove on the MA Stage
- 3:45 Preservation Jazz Hall Band on the Marriott Stage
- 4:30 p.m. Oxford Noland on the Replay Guitar Stage
- 4:30 p.m. Row Momah on the Ferman Stage
- 5 p.m. 99 Neighbors on the MA Stage
- 5:30 p.m. Parquet Courts on the Marriott Stage
- 6 p.m. Badcameo on the Replay Guitar Stage
- 6 p.m. Pusha Preme on the Ferman Stage
- 6:30 p.m. The Hip Abduction on the MA Stage
- 7:15 p.m. Sylvan Esso on the Marriott Stage
- 8 p.m. Speak Easy on the Ferman Stage
- 8 p.m. Perception with Katara on the Replay Guitar Stage
- 8:30 p.m. Matt and Kim on the MA Stage
- 9 p.m. Nas on the Marriott Stage
Sunday, Oct. 3
- 1:15 p.m. Yoga with Camp Tampa on the Replay Guitar Stage
- 1:45 p.m. Bears & Lions on the MA Stage
- 2 p.m. Cedric Burnside on the Marriott Stage
- 2:30 p.m. Leon Majcen on the Ferman Stage
- 2:30 p.m. Visit Neptune on the Replay Guitar Stage
- 3 p.m. Vella on the MA Stage
- 3:30 p.m. The Motet on the Marriott Stage
- 3:45 p.m. Ella Jet on the Replay Guitar Stage
- 3:45 p.m. Someday River on the Ferman Stage
- 4:15 p.m. The Bright Light Social Hour on the MA Stage
- 5:15 p.m. Mike Mass & Wave Theory on the Replay Guitar Stage
- 5:15 p.m. Keller Williams’ Grateful Gospel on the Marriott Stage
- 5:15 p.m. Ivy Alex on the Ferman Stage
- 5:45 p.m. Mondo Cozmo on the MA Stage
- 7 p.m. Gov’t Mule on the Marriott Stage
Tickets range from $40 to $250. Kids 12 and under are admitted for free. Click here for tickets.
It’s organized each year by the Gasparilla Music Foundation, a nonprofit founded in 2011 that supports music education through its Recycled Tunes program and promotes local musicians through its GMF Productions program.
Following the Gasparilla Music Festival, Tampa Bay residents are invited to dig out their dirndls and lederhosen for the 11th annual Oktoberfest Tampa, slated for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 8-10.
The festival will feature German cheer, beer, dancing and singing as Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in transformed into the city’s largest biergarten for this festival of Gemütlichkeit.
Attendees can enjoy Outrageous Bavarian Games including mustache, beard, stein-hoisting, keg-stacking, tug-o-war, brat toss and carry the wench competitions, along with the crowning of Mr. & Mrs. Oktoberfest.
A full authentic Bavarian food hall including bratwurst and schnitzel will be available, as well as a variety of Oktoberfest-style beers from traditional pilsnears to multiple Oktoberfest märzens and Hefeweizen.
The event is partnering with Green Bench Brewing to bring three unique, traditional brews found only at Oktoberfest Tampa including traditional Hefeweizen, Dunkel lager and Festbier märzen.
Additionally, red and white wine, fresh-squeezed lemonade and other refreshments will be available.
General admission tickets are $10 and are available here.
This is for those age 21 and up only. No children are allowed this year. Hours are 4 to 11 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Click here for more information.
This event supports Are You Safe , a Tampa nonprofit organization that advocates and assists domestic violence victims through empowerment and education.
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful.
- Be transparent.
- Keep it local and relevant.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.
- New York Yankees say 8 vaccinated members tested positive for Covid-19. Here's how that could happen
- Tampa Bay Lightning Beat Montreal Canadiens to Keep the Stanley Cup
- Tampa Bay Rays Like Where They Are Positioned Heading Into Second Half
- Pub is 'first in Britain' to demand proof of Covid vaccine or negative test
- Britain will continue to require vaccinated travelers from France to quarantine, citing Beta variant concerns.
- S.F. group representing 500 bars considers new initiative requiring vaccine proof for entry
- What to consider before you travel outside the Bay Area's vaccinated bubble
- Majority of small businesses not requiring vaccines, tests
- New York to Require Vaccination or Weekly Testing for City Health Workers
- Travel: France enforces negative test results for UK arrivals after amber list rule change
- Do you need proof of a Covid vaccine or negative test to go clubbing?
- In Negros Oriental, negative test result or vaccine proof good for entry
|Men's Wristwatches PE01-2241 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Stainless Steel Wrist Watch (check at Amazon)||4.0|
|Game Time Men's NFL-VAR-TB "Varsity" Watch - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (check at Amazon)||5.0|
|NHL Kids' HF-TB Future Star Series Tampa Bay Lightning Black Watch (check at Amazon)||5.0|
|Game Time Men's NFL-EXE-TB "Executive" Watch - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (check at Amazon)||4.7|
|Game Time Men's NFL Retro Series Watch - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (check at Amazon)||4.0|
|MLB Major League Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 TPU Soft Black or White case (Black) (check at Amazon)||5.0|
|Tampa Bay Rays Major League Baseball Hardtop Diecast Car, 1:64 Scale (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Memory Company Tampa Bay Lightning Born to Be Piggy Bank (check at Amazon)||5.0|
|Tampa Bay Rays ADULT Adjustable Hat MLB Officially Licensed Major League Baseball Replica Ball Cap (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Top Spot Map N202 Tampa Bay Area Fishing and Recreation Map Port Rickey to Venice (check at Amazon)||4.8|
|Tampa Bay Rays YOUTH (Ages Under 12) Adjustable Hat MLB Officially Licensed Major League Baseball Replica Ball Cap (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Tampa Bay Rays Personalized Custom (Add Name & Number) 100% Cotton T-Shirt Replica Major League Baseball Jersey (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Tampa Bay Buccnaeers Born to be Youth Frame (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|NFL Mens Tampa Bay Buccaneers Line To Gain Bright Cardinal Short Sleeve Crew Neck Tee (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|In Dog We Trust 50 to 80-Pound Dogs Tampa Bay Buccaneers Bandana, Large (check at Amazon)||4.0|
|100 Things to Do in Tampa Bay Before You Die (100 Things to Do In... Before You Die) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Santa Is Coming to Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Saltwater Angler's Guide to Tampa Bay and Southwest Florida (Wild Florida) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Food Lovers' Guide to® Tampa Bay: The Best Restaurants, Markets & Local Culinary Offerings (Food Lovers' Series) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Insiders' Guide® to the Greater Tampa Bay Area: Including Tampa, St. Petersburg, & Clearwater (Insiders' Guide Series) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|On The Fly In The Bay: A beginner's guide to fly fishing Tampa Bay (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Delaplaine's 2013 Long Weekend Guide to Tampa Bay (Long Weekend Guides) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Stadium for Rent: Tampa Bay's Quest for Major League Baseball (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Secret Spots--Tampa Bay to Cedar Key: Tampa Bay to Cedar Key: Florida's Best Saltwater Fishing Book 1 (Coastal Fishing Guides) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Adventure Guide Tampa Bay & Florida's West Coast (Adventure Guide to Tampa Bay & Florida's West Coast) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Adventure Guide to Tampa Bay & Florida's West Coast (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|How to Find a Job in the Tampa Bay Area (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Adventure Guide to Tampa Bay & Florida's West Coast (Adventure Guide Series) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|On The Fly In The Bay: The beginner's guide to fly fishing Tampa Bay (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Insiders' Guide to the Greater Tampa Bay Area: Including Tampa, St. Petersburg, & Clearwater (Insiders' Guide Series) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
Major Tampa Bay Fests To Require Vaccinations, Negative Tests have 1717 words, post on patch.com at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.