Former US President Donald Trump has taken a jab at what he described as “woke generals” in the US, slamming their embrace of critical race theory .
During a speech as his first rally since leaving office in Wellington, Ohio on Saturday, the ex-POTUS claimed that “the Biden administration [had] issued new rules pushing twisted critical race theory […] into our military”.
“Our generals and our admirals are now focused more on this nonsense than they are on our enemies. You see these generals lately on television? They are woke”, Trump added
He went on to argue that the US military “will be incapable of fighting and incapable of taking orders”, referring to a potential spat between a US private and a “woke general”.
“That private’s going to tell the general, ‘Don’t you ever speak to me that way, general — I’ll kick your ass’. That’s our military, that’s where we’re going. Woke”, the 45th US president said, adding that “we need a Republican Congress to ban critical race theory”.
Top US General Upholds Critical Race Theory
Trump spoke a few days after General Mike Milley, chairman of the Pentagon’s Joint Chiefs of Staff, responded to GOP criticism over suggestions that the US military was becoming too politically correct when it comes to race-related issues.
“[…] I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military — our general officers, our commissioned and non-commissioned officers — of being, quote, ‘woke’ or something else because we’re studying some theories that are out there”, Milley said at a House Armed Services Committee on Wednesday.
He added that as far as the issue of critical race theory is concerned, “a lot of us have to get much smarter on whatever the theory is” and that he wants “to understand white rage” because he is “white”.
“What is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America, what caused that? I want to find that out”, Milley said.
The general was apparently referring to the developments in Washington on 6 January , when scores of Trump supporters besieged the Capitol building to protest lawmakers certifying the 2020 election results in several states that then-President Donald Trump claimed were illegal.
As for critical race theory (CRT), it is based on the premise that race is not a natural and biologically grounded feature but a socially constructed category used to oppress and exploit people of colour.
According to CRT, the law and legal institutions in the US are “inherently racist” and function to create and maintain social, economic, and political inequalities between whites and non-whites, most notably African Americans.
- Ossoff hits Perdue over stock trades as candidates exchange barbs on financials in critical race
- Get Woke, Go Broke: BBC Starting to Lose Core Older Audience
- 'This is what Communist countries do!': Trump continues his rant against Twitter, blasting it for suspending the account of a Pennsylvania Republican trying to help him win the state
- 'Don't ever talk to the president that way!' Trump blasts reporter who interrupts him to ask if he will concede - but admits he WILL leave the White House if the Electoral College votes for Joe Biden
- Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein lists 21 GOP senators who have 'privately' expressed their 'extreme contempt' for Donald Trump
- Another Republican senator tells Donald Trump to call it quits: Ohio's Rob Portman joins trickle of senior figures and says there is 'NO evidence' of widespread fraud
- While Trump tweets grab spotlight, appointees make crucial changes
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by the UAE Embassy in Washington, DC - Trump, Biden clash over transition holdup, pandemic plans
- The Danger (and Ineptitude) of Trump’s Failed Coup
- Trump says Biden can only enter the White House as president if he can 'prove' his 'ridiculous 80M votes' were NOT 'obtained by fraud' as he appears to row back peaceful transition claims
- Trump supporters accuse moderator Kristen Welker of bias for interrupting him 22 times more than Biden - despite the President praising her during much calmer debate
- In the FBI’s Backyard, Trump Snubs the Bureau
|Faith Lessons on the Prophets and Kings of Israel (Focus on the Family faith lessons series, Vol. 2)5.0★ / $54.12||Focus on the Family Presents Ribbits! The Hero of Hoppers Landing5.0★ / $32.61||The Art of Arms: Learn To Keep Your Audience Focused On You1.0★ / check it now at Amazon||Focus on the Family Presents Jay Jay the Jet Plane ( Taking Care of You)4.5★ / $38.98||Focus on the Family Presents Renewing the Heart Live: Hymns and Songs of Worship check it now at Amazon||Custom Etched US Coast Guard Emblem on 16 Oz Pint Glasses Set of 4 PRE-HOLIDAY SALE$36||General Foods International On the Go Sugar Free Vanilla Latte, 6-Single Serving Sticks (Pack of 6) check it now at Amazon||General Foods International On the Go Sugar Free Hazelnut Cappuccino, 6-Single Serving Sticks (Pack of 6) check it now at Amazon||General Foods International On the Go Sugar Free Café Mocha, 6-Single Serving Sticks (Pack of 6) check it now at Amazon||The Hidden Value of a Man: with Study Guide (Focus on the Family Book)$9.73||The DNA of Parent-Teen Relationships: Discover the Key to Your Teen's Heart (Focus on the Family)$15.99||Focus on World History: The Era of Expanding Global Connections - 1000-1500 C.e.:grades 7-9 check it now at Amazon||Focus on Travel: Photographing Memorable Pictures of Journeys to New Places$8.07||The Focus on the Family Complete Book of Baby and Child Care$19.44||Final Report of the Attorney General's Commission on Pornography$5.3||Song of Songs: A Biblical-Theological, Allegorical, Christological Interpretation (Focus on the Bible)$14.99||Ecclesiastes: The Philippians of the Old Testament (Focus on the Bible)$15.99||A Story of God and All of Us: A Novel Based on the Epic TV Miniseries "The Bible"$12.06||Fuel: Devotions to Ignite the Faith of Parents and Teens (Focus on the Family Books)$16.99||Front Row Seat: A Photographic Portrait of the Presidency of George W. Bush (Focus on American History Series)4.8★ / $38.64||A Different View of Urban Schools: Civil Rights, Critical Race Theory, and Unexplored Realities (Counterpoints)$35.65||Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education (Critical Educator)$5.03||Words That Wound: Critical Race Theory, Assaultive Speech, And The First Amendment (New Perspectives on Law, Culture & Society) check it now at Amazon||Postmodern Geographies: The Reassertion of Space in Critical Social Theory (Radical Thinkers)$17.95||Handbook of Critical Race Theory in Education$90.42||Simplicity: How to Focus on the Vital Few Rather Than the Trivial Many$15||Postmodern Geographies: The Reassertion of Space in Critical Social Theory check it now at Amazon||The Trials of Critical Race Theory check it now at Amazon||Crony Capitalism in US Health Care: Anatomy of a Dysfunctional System (Routledge Focus on Business and Management)$59.95||On Critical Race Theory: Why It Matters & Why You Should Care$25.49|
Trump Accuses 'Woke' US Generals of Focusing on Critical Race Theory Rather Than Tackling 'Enemies' have 1207 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 27, 2021. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.