It’s official. Elon Musk is a Texan now.
The Tesla and SpaceX founder said he has moved to Texas from California in an interview with the Wall Street Journal .
In July, Musk picked Texas for Tesla’s Cybertruck factory and moved his foundation’s headquarters to Austin, the Austin American-Statesman’s Kara Carlson reports , so it’s not particularly shocking Musk himself moved down here. Plus, Texas residence means no state income tax for the second richest man in the world .
SELENA AND RIFF RAFF?: Netflix’s Selena series mistakenly gives shout out to Houston’s Riff Raff
Tesla picks Texas for its Cybertruck factory. Thanks to Elon Musk and Tesla for embracing our great state. The…
I lived in Austin for five years, which means I’ve experienced many a tech bro and their fish-out-of-water-ness when forced from the comforts of a Google office or outdoor mall with a Tesla store. (Elon’s in Austin, right? There’s almost no way he’s not, but I hope he’s put roots in like, Amarillo or something.)
With the influx of San Franciscans and Silicon Valley nerds and other polo-wearing dudes into the Lone Star state, I’ve noticed many seem to forget that they live in Texas now. I’m not expecting everyone to completely assimilate, but still. If you’re going to take advantage of a good ol’ Texas tax break and general lack of productive oversight, you should also make an effort to experience and appreciate our humble slice of American life.
Before we can really call him a Texan, here are a few things I hope Elon Musk experiences:
- Tex-Mex. Few things are better in life than a plate of cheese enchiladas topped with onion.
- Shiner Holiday Cheer .
- Getting stuck on a dirt road. How do Teslas hold up on gravel or barely-there roads?
- Melting in 110-degree heat .
- A springtime crawfish boil , especially for a high school graduation or Easter weekend.
- The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo , obviously.
- H-E-B’s warm tortillas.
- A high school football game.
- Topo Chico , the best sparkling water there is. Even better: Ranch water .
- Square dancing . I’ve never been square dancing, I just think it would be funny if Elon Musk did it. Someone should at least teach him how to two-step.
- A Whataburger Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit at 2 a.m.
- Galveston . Or South Padre Island on spring break.
- Blue Bell ‘s annual release of Southern Blackberry Cobbler ice cream .
- A parking lot carnival . Go win a giant stuffed animal and puke up a corn dog on a motorized death machine.
- Taking photos in a bluebonnet field off the highway.
- Grackles . Especially the ones that steal your Buc-ee’s sandwich .
Welcome to Texas, Elon Musk. I look forward to Grimes’ future country album.
- Elon Musk wants to let people play video games on the dashboard screen of Tesla cars
- Elon Musk wants the Tesla Model 3 delivery process to take 5 minutes
- Elon Musk wants his cars to fart and bleat in the name of safety
- Elon Musk basically thinks we're living in 'The Sims.' Here's why that's wrong -- and dangerous
- Elon Musk says he's 'optimistic' Mars ship will make first trips in 2019
- All I want for Christmas are these photos of Elon Musk's car preparing to fly to space
- Elon Musk won't draw salary unless Tesla hits mega milestones
- Elon Musk says SpaceX will launch the Falcon Heavy 'in a week or so'
- Elon Musk's 'Starman' Tesla Roadster isn't your typical piece of space junk
- ‘It’s still tripping me out’ — Elon Musk on Starman’s space adventure
- These portals to Elon Musk's space Tesla and 'Rick and Morty' are going viral on Snapchat
- Elon Musk celebrates Tesla Model S record-setting mileage trip
|Who Wants to be a Millionaire? - Nintendo Wii (check at Amazon)||4.0|
|Who Wants to Be a Millionaire 2 by Eidos (check at Amazon)||3.0|
|Who Wants to Be A Millionaire - Xbox 360 (check at Amazon)||2.9|
|Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Third Edition - PC/Mac (check at Amazon)||3.7|
|Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: 3rd Edition (check at Amazon)||4.5|
|Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Platinum Edition - PC/Mac (check at Amazon)||3.4|
|Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition (check at Amazon)||2.8|
|Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Kids Edition - PC/Mac (check at Amazon)||3.9|
|Who Wants to be a Millionaire? - Nintendo DS (check at Amazon)||4.1|
|Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Sports Edition - PC/Mac (check at Amazon)||3.4|
|Who Wants to be a Millionaire 2nd Edition (Jewel Case) - PC (check at Amazon)||3.4|
|Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? (check at Amazon)||3.5|
|Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (check at Amazon)||2.3|
|Who Wants to Be a Millionaire 2nd Edition CD-ROM for PC (check at Amazon)||3.6|
|Senario "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Plug-and-Play TV Game (check at Amazon)||5.0|
|Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, 3rd Edition CD-Rom (Jewel Case) (check at Amazon)||5.0|
|Who Wants to Be A Millionaire Family Collection - PC/Mac (check at Amazon)||5.0|
|I Want to Be a Soldier [Blu-ray] (check at Amazon)||4.0|
|The Boy Who Wanted to Be a Bear (Collector's Series Edition) (check at Amazon)||5.0|
|When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Veterinarian!: Sofia's Dream Comes True! (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Natalie Really Very Much Wants to Be a Star (That's Nat!) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Nurse!: Amber's Accidental Journey (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|If You Want to be a Witch: A Practical Introduction to the Craft (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Firefighter!: Will's Amazing Day! (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Sugar Daddy 101: What You Need to Know If You Want to be A Sugar Baby (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|So You Want To Be A Nurse? Fell's Official Know-It-All Guide (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|I Want to Be a Robot (Let's Play Dress Up (Paperback)) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|So You Want to Be a Dentist?: What You Must Know if You Want to Succeed in Dentistry (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|So, You Want to Be a Teacher? (Fell's Official Know-It-All Guide) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|How to Eat like a Vegetarian Even If You Never Want to Be One: More than 250 Shortcuts, Strategies, and Simple Solutions (check at Amazon)||0.0|
If Elon Musk wants to be a Texan, it's time he embrace our ways have 1043 words, post on www.chron.com at December 11, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.