Frida Ghitis, (@fridaghitis) a former CNN producer and correspondent, is a world affairs columnist. She is a frequent opinion contributor to CNN, a contributing columnist to The Washington Post and a columnist for World Politics Review. The views expressed in this commentary are her own. View more opinion on CNN. (CNN)As President-elect Joe Biden unveils his choices for the top jobs in his administration, we hear a mixture of rejoicing and disappointment, praise and criticism from the world of politicians and pundits. It’s not easy pleasing every faction, including in the ideologically fractured Democratic Party. Frida Ghitis One Biden choice, however, stands out as sheer genius. His selection of Janet Yellen as nominee for Treasury Secretary, manages the nearly impossible feat of threading the needle between Democrats and Republicans, progressives and centrists, Wall Street and Main Street. If anyone other than Donald Trump were president today, Yellen would likely still be chairing the Federal Reserve Board. She was in the job when he became president, but Trump, who likes to hire people who look like the Hollywood version of their role, broke with tradition and failed to reappoint her when her first term expired. This was at least in part,… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Jr.: ‘I Wish My Name Was Hunter Biden’ — I Could ‘Make Millions Off My Father’s Presidency’
- Phendrana Drifts: A Prime Example of Musical Genius
- Overwatch in-universe “interview” with robotics genius Efi Oladele may provide hints to next hero
- Evil Geniuses is another top team dropping out of competitive Overwatch
- Super Mario Odyssey: How to Get Jump Rope Genius Power Moon
- Rebellion Development Teases Evil Genius Sequel
- Don’t boycott MGS5: The Phantom Pain because Komani “fired a genius”, says voice actor
- Report: 7 Studios Files Countersuit Against Genius, Alleges 'Unsavory Business'
- Genius Products, Numark Sue 7 Studios, Activision Over 'Withholding'
- Evil Geniuses Win $6.6 Million Dollars in The International Championships
Biden's genius move have 328 words, post on edition.cnn.com at December 1, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.