close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for November 25 Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com. The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday night blocked New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo from reimposing strict attendance caps at worship services in areas hit hard by the novel coronavirus. The court voted 5-4 to bar Cuomo from enforcing his Oct. 6 “Cluster Initiative” against houses of worship that sued to challenge the restrictions. Under the initiative, Cuomo created color-coded limits on mass gatherings and business operations, in an effort to stem the outbreak in New York City areas that were experiencing a surge in cases, according to Bloomberg News. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo speaks during the daily media briefing at the Office of the Governor of the State of New York on July 23, 2020 in New York City. (Getty Images) It was aimed at worship services at some synagogues and Roman Catholic churches in parts of Brooklyn and Queens. In the hardest-hit areas, which were designated red zones, the state limited attendance in houses of worship to 25% of their capacity or 10 people, whichever is fewer. The majority said his limits violated the First Amendment’s protection of the… Read full this story
- Who is Jon Platt, what was the term time holiday Supreme Court ruling and what’s the fine for taking children out of school?
- Pledge to improve bus access for wheelchair users following Supreme Court ruling
- Rights of unborn child confined to provisions in Irish constitution, Supreme Court rules
- US Supreme Court rules in favor of black death row inmate
- Swiss supreme court rules on fate of Siamese cat
- New York unveils plans for first congestion charge
- New York City to install 1,500 barriers to stop pedestrians being attacked
- New York's homeless shelter on subway amid minus 15C temperatures
- Mobster, 82, jailed over road rage arson attack in New York
- New York 'pipe bomb' — Life goes on regardless amid massive police operation
Supreme Court rules against Cuomo, blocks coronavirus restrictions on some New York houses of worship have 338 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.