San Mateo County was the last place in the Bay Area people could get a restaurant meal indoors. Until Sunday. The county, along with San Francisco, just moved into the dreaded purple tier — a category indicating a widespread resurgence of the virus. In accordance with state rules, the county banned indoor dining effective at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, along with other indoor operations at other establishments including gyms, churches and museums. Restaurant managers said it could not come at a worst time. It’s not exactly warm and inviting outside. “This might be the end of this business,” said Alican Uctepe, manager of the Barrel Bistro and Wine Bar on B Street in San Mateo. “You cannot pay off your expenses with just five or six tables a day. But it’s not just this restaurant. I don’t know how any of the restaurants are going to survive.” Uctepe said he has already cut staff by more than 50%, and reduced the number of tables from about 20 to 10. Many restaurants have gone to great lengths to set up outdoor dining areas, purchasing heat lamps — if they can find them — and other open-air accoutrements. Uctepe set up 10… Read full this story
- Have Bay Area restaurants been following COVID-19 rules? Here’s what we know
- What should Bay Area restaurant owners do when employees test positive for coronavirus?
- Black workers report patterns of racial discrimination in Bay Area restaurant industry
- 152 Bay Area restaurants now open for outdoor dining
- Bay Area restaurant owner explains why he reopened - and then shut down again
- As Bay Area restaurant business drops, local farms send produce to struggling families
- Indoor dining in San Francisco restaurants delayed indefinitely due to coronavirus
- Herbal and other new Bay Area restaurants open for takeout during coronavirus
- Korean Burrito Joint by Aria and other new Bay Area restaurants open for takeout during coronavirus
- Are bars open near me? Here are the current rules for each SF Bay Area county
Indoor dining banned at all Bay Area restaurants, just as weather gets colder have 341 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.