CNN’s S.E. Cupp said Thursday on “Newsroom” that if President Donald Trump used his pardon powers to pardon himself, it was an admission of guilt which “would certainly imperil” a 2024 presidential run.When asked about Trump pardoning himself, Cupp said, “This would be pretty unadvisable for the president to do because it is admission you’ve done something wrong. If the president has designs on running again for president, this would certainly imperil that, and I would think encourage other justice departments to really look at what he had done while in office if he is tacitly admitting he needed to be pardoned for stuff. I’m not sure this is constitutional or legal, but it seems pretty clear it would be unadvisable for him to do that.” Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- Scarborough blasts Trump pardons, says 'political hacks' and 'co-conspirators' will be next
- Trump Pardons Dinesh D’Souza, in Triumph for Social Justice
- Appeals court refuses to throw out Joe Arpaio's guilty verdict after Trump pardon
- CNN Warns Trump: ‘The Bureaucracy Has Power’
- Meacham: Biden Win Shows Voters Are Tired of Trump’s ‘High-Speed Chase’ Running off the Road
- Trump's flimsy argument about RBG and Sotomayor
- 100-Person Poll: How Will the Trump Presidency End?
- Assange Hearing: Trump Was “Aware” and “Approved” of Pardon Offer, Defence Team Says
- Trump Wants to Make War Criminals Great Again
- Republicans give 2024 tryouts at CPAC
CNN’s S.E. Cupp: Trump Pardoning Himself ‘Would Certainly Imperil’ 2024 Run have 249 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 27, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.