FALL RIVER (CBS) – According to Thrillist, the creepiest place to visit in Massachusetts is the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast Museum in Fall River. For those that don’t know the backstory, tour guide Sue Vickery explained, “On August 4th, 1892, Andrew Borden and his wife Abby were brutally murdered by a hatchet in the house. Andrew’s daughter Lizzie was suspected and tried and she was acquitted of the crime.” Adam Keeler, who went on a day tour, added, “It’s something we’ve always heard about. Ever since I was a little kid I remember the rhyme.” Now, the house operates as a bed and breakfast, complete with six bedrooms to choose from. Visitors can also take part in guided tours. The Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast Museum in Fall River. (WBZ-TV) “They stay in a really, really unique place. You can’t sleep in most museums. This one you can,” said tour guide Suzanne St. John. Guests aren’t necessarily guaranteed a restful night, Vickery said. “Some of them say, ‘Oh best night sleep ever.’ Other people say, ‘Oh my God, I was seeing things, I was hearing things.’ Then, actually, sometimes the cook gets here and they’re gone. They haven’t even… Read full this story
- EW: Kristen Stewart’s Lizzie Borden Film Gives ‘Bloody Warning’ to ‘Patriarchal Oppressors’
- American Menace: When Fall River ruled U.S. soccer
- The Latest: Spieth makes triple bogey, falls to 26th place
- A team-wide collapse has caused the Diamondbacks to fall from first place to out of the playoff race
- Watch a house fall off a truck and hit a car head on
- Chiefs defensive linemen help Ronald McDonald House families escape with day of fun
- Sports & Politics Intersect: Championship White House visits could become a relic of the past
- Falling Water’s Lizzie Brocheré stars in French film Vaurien
- Lizzy Yarnold retires from skeleton after winning two Olympic gold medals
- Bulldogs’ Rivers will be back from injury sooner rather than later, but does he play?
Lizzie Borden House In Fall River Is Creepiest Place In Massachusetts have 349 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at October 14, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.