Back in 2018, when Bob Woodward first reported that President Donald Trump had ordered the assassination of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Trump baulked at the mere suggestion. “No, that was never even contemplated, nor would it be contemplated and it should not have been written about in the book,” he said at the time. Well, on Tuesday morning, he admitted that it was actually true. In an interview with Fox & Friends, Trump happily contradicted himself and said: “I would’ve rather taken [Assad] out. I had it all set. Mattis didn’t want to do it.” Asked if he regretted not killing Assad, the president said: “No, I don’t regret that. I could have lived either way with that. I considered [Assad] certainly not a good person. But I had a shot to take him out if I wanted but Mattis was against it.” According to Woodward’s first book on the dysfunctional Trump administration, Fear, Mattis actually told Trump he would “get right on it” when the president suggested the assassination, but then developed a safer plan that didn’t personally endanger Assad. Trump has clearly not forgotten that reported sleight. In his Fox & Friends interview, he repeatedly laid into Mattis,… Read full this story
- Fox News Finally Admits It’s Not News
- Widow Asks Donald Trump Jr. to Stop Using Her Dead Husband's Photo to Spread Conspiracy Theory
- Robert Pattinson finally admits he's dating 'Twilight' co-star Kristen Stewart: 'We are together'
- White House finally admits blame over state dinner crashed by Michaele and Tareq Sahali
- Ivana Trump finally crosses the Rossano Rubicondi
- CNN: Trump told Nielsen to reinstate family separations, deny asylum seekers entry
- 'Never Trump' delegate blasts convention rules: 'We were denied'
- Castro convertible: Long-time Cuban dictator finally admits Communism doesn't work
- Nicole Kidman finally admits secret to her age-defying looks: I've used Botox
- Cooper: Trump now openly doing what he loudly denied
Trump Finally Admits He Had to Be Stopped From Assassinating Assad After Years of Denying It have 329 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at September 15, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.