Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) declared a state of emergency on Saturday as the state prepares for Tropical Storm Sally.Edwards said in a statement Saturday that Sally is expected to strengthen into a hurricane that could make land fall in Louisiana Monday morning.“While we ultimately don’t know where Sally will make landfall, much of Southeast Louisiana is in the storm’s cone and the risk of tropical storm force or hurricane strength winds continues to increase,” Edwards said.ADVERTISEMENTToday, I declared a State of Emergency in advance of Tropical Storm Sally, which is forecast to strengthen to a hurricane that could impact Louisiana as early as Monday morning. https://t.co/buDcsF1WmK #lagov #lawx— John Bel Edwards (@LouisianaGov) September 12, 2020Tropical Storm Sally formed Saturday off Florida’s coast in the Gulf of Mexico, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said. Sally comes on the heels of Hurricane Laura, which slammed Louisiana as a Category 4 storm in late August, killing at least 28 people.“Barely two weeks ago, Louisiana suffered a devastating blow when Hurricane Laura came ashore as the strongest hurricane ever to make landfall in Louisiana history, leaving a trail of destruction in its path,” Edwards said. “This, when combined with the COVID-19 pandemic, can make… Read full this story
- Tropical low depression likely to strengthen into tropical storm Podul
- Tropical Storm Imelda floods more than 10,000 vehicles in Southeast Texas
- Gator Squad makes its first alligator retrieval as Tropical Storm Harvey hits Texas
- Tropical Storm Imelda floods hundreds of homes in Kingwood, Humble areas
- Hurricane Michael Downgraded to Tropical Storm - National Hurricane Center
- German city of Dresden declares "Nazi emergency"
- Keeping an eye on gulf, Houston, Harris prep for possible tropical storm
- Nate Becomes A Tropical Storm, Jogs To The West
- More Tropical Storm Cindy Storms Possible Friday: Georgia Weather
- Trump cuts ad for GOP candidate in Louisiana governor's race
Louisiana governor declares state of emergency preparing for Tropical Storm Sally have 327 words, post on thehill.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.