Indian Defense Minister Rajnath Singh testified before the nation’s parliament on Tuesday that China had “mobilized a huge number of Army battalions and armaments” along its border with India recently, fueling mounting clashes between the two nuclear-capable militaries.Tensions have soared along the India-China border, formally known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC), this summer, peaking with a hand-to-hand melee in June that resulted in dozens of deaths in the Galwan Valley, located in India’s Ladakh region. Despite Beijing insisting that China did not suffer significant casualties in that exchange, Singh told Parliament that Indian troops “inflicted costs, including casualties, on the Chinese side.” Retired Indian Army General V.K. Singh estimated at the time that twice the number of Chinese soldiers as their Indian counterparts died in the exchange. China still denies that it incurred any casualties at press time. Speaking to Parliament, Rajnath Singh warned that, despite diplomats from both countries signing a vague agreement to deescalate tensions last week, China has increased its military presence on the border. “China has mobilized a huge number of Army battalions and armaments along LAC and inner areas. There are many friction points in eastern Ladakh, Gogra, Kongka La, Pangong Lake’s north and south banks,” Singh said on… Read full this story
- Pakistan's Defense Minister Tweets Nuclear Bomb Threat In Response to Fake News Story
- Military Medical Academy should be a hub of medical scientific research and training: Defense Minister
- Watch A NATO F-16 Buzz The Russian Defense Minister's Plane
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to join Facebook Q&A
- Google search reveals Indian prime minister among 'top 10 criminals'
- America Wants To Invade China With Huge Expensive Pickup Trucks
- Airbnb sees China as its number one market by 2020
- Indian court warns 'China-like censorship' for Google, Facebook, others
- Indian trade minister to argue against 'illegal' US Immigration Bill
- China sees huge growth in internet use
Indian Defense Minister: China Placed ‘Huge Number’ of Troops on Border have 330 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 15, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.