LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – A San Diego man has been arrested, accused of relentlessly trying to kidnap a 6-year-old girl during the course of a trip last month with her blind father aboard public transportation, but which was ultimately thwarted by several good Samaritans, including a homeless man. Cesar Palma and his 6-year-old daughter Selena at an LAPD news conference announcing the arrest of a man who attempted to kidnap Selena. Sept. 9, 2020. (CBSLA) 24-year-old Elijah Lopez was arrested in San Diego on one count of kidnapping, Los Angeles police announced at a news conference Wednesday. The incident occurred back on Aug. 18 as Cesar Palma and his daughter Selena were using public transportation to go from Long Beach back to their home in Westlake. The two were on a Metro train when they were first approached by Lopez, who engaged them in conversation and then asked if he could take the girl home, police said. Several people on the train then stepped in and prevented Lopez from taking the girl. “This overt action caused the commuting public that was on the train to step forward and tell Mr. Lopez to leave the family alone,” LAPD Capt. Alfonso Lopez… Read full this story
- Heartbroken family of 15-year-old girl allegedly mowed down and killed while walking with a friend by driver of a $300,000 Lamborghini is dealt another cruel blow
- Man allegedly lures 8-year-old girl with biscuits, defiles her
- Man lures 8 year-old girl with biscuit into his room, rapes her
- Biden Praises 10-Year-Old Girl as ‘Good Looking’ and Holds Her Shoulders
- 'A 12-year-old girl was waiting for a heart at the same time as me - I was lucky, she wasn't - it's so unfair', says legendary comic Eddie Large
- Elderly man arrested after 12-year-old girl 'sexually assaulted in park in broad daylight attack'
- Brave six-year-old girl saves mum from ‘satanic’ abuse by telling teacher ‘Daddy’s hurting Mummy’
- Illegal Alien Accused of Murdering 14-Year-Old Girl for MS-13 Gang Initiation
- Doorbell camera captures kindhearted FedEx driver sanitizing a package to protect an 11-year-old girl from COVID-19 after seeing family's sign warning that she has an autoimmune disorder
- 16-year-old girl dies after falling from balcony in south east London
Good Samaritans Thwart Kidnapping Of 6-Year-Old Girl In Westlake; Suspect Caught have 376 words, post on losangeles.cbslocal.com at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.