PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The pandemic shut down all filming of movies and TV series in Western Pennsylvania and around the world, but it’s slowly starting to begin again. In Western Pa., people are used to seeing the Haddad trucks around the region and maybe even a movie star around town. They’re signs a movie or TV series is filming. But when the pandemic hit in March, filming came to a screeching halt. Pittsburgh Film Office CEO Dawn Keezer says, “It’s amazing how quickly it all had to stop and go away. Here in Pittsburgh, we’re looking at at least 5,000 people that are unemployed due to the shutdown.” Keezer says Netflix, which has set up shop at an office park in Warrendale, is in pre-production for a new series called “Archive.. They’re planning to begin filming in November. Keezer hopes this will begin to get more people back to work — not just the actors and those who work on the set, but the small businesses that support the productions. “What really powers the film industry is a lot of small businesses — construction companies, it’s an Enterprise car rental, for example, it’s all the hotels. They all had pieces… Read full this story
- The Batman filming starts in Glasgow
- ‘Desolation Center’: Passion River Films Picks Up Worldwide Digital Rights To Desert Rock Doc
- New York Film Festival Appoints Eugene Hernandez New Director, Taps Dennis Lim As Director Of Programming
- Cannes film festival's sexual harassment hotline – did it work?
- Us movie theories: Best and confirmed film fan theories from duality to Jason
- Sydney film festival 2018: top 10 picks to see this year
- Lars von Trier on Cannes walkouts: 'I’m not sure they hated my film enough'
- Rogue colons, endless ellipses: the worst grammar crimes in film titles
- Death of a Nation: more angry nonsense from Trump's favorite film-maker
- The 10 hottest films of summer 2018
Filming Starts To Pick Up After Pandemic Puts It On Pause have 329 words, post on pittsburgh.cbslocal.com at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.