Photo: Karen Ballard Photo: Karen Ballard Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Karen Ballard David Oyelowo Explains How Acting Helped With His Directorial Debut on ‘The Water Man’ 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Click here to read the full article. “Selma” star David Oyelowo did not originally plan to make his feature film directing debut in 2020. But when the first director for “The Water Man” left for another project during the financing stage, Oyelowo stepped up. His film is now set to debut at the Toronto Intl. Film Festival on Sept. 19. “The Water Man” centers around a boy named Gunner (Lonnie Chavis) who enlists the help of a girl named Jo (Amiah Miller) when his mother (Rosario Dawson) falls ill, hoping to find a local legend known as the Water Man, who has the power to cheat death. More from Variety ‘Concrete Cowboy’ Review: Idris Elba Plays a Tough Inner-City Horseman in Masterful Father-Son Drama ‘Violation’ Review: Disturbing Rape-Revenge Thriller Subverts Genre Trappings TIFF Filmmaker Lab Talent Jorge Cadena Talks About Indigenous Queer Project ‘Tropical Malady’ The director told Variety that he plans to continue his acting career but is interested in… Read full this story
- Q&A: UW-Madison professor David Canon explains what a Wisconsin #bluewave could look like
- Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation Act: A WIIN for Water Infrastructure
- Executive Action for Outer Continental Shelf; House to Consider Antiquities Act; Repeal of More Water Regulations?
- Accused of Acting as 'De Facto G-Man,' Lawyer Says Ex-Client Is in Dreamland
- David Kautter Named Acting IRS Commissioner
- Police appeal for help finding missing Leamington man
- Affordable Care Act Helps Fight Unreasonable Health Insurance Premium Increases
- The Impact of the Recently-Enacted JOBS Act: Helping Banks and Bank Holding Companies Stay Private
- New data: Affordable Care Act helps 2.5 million additional young adults get health insurance
- Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act Helps Amgen Gain Dismissal of Genentech Complaint
David Oyelowo Explains How Acting Helped With His Directorial Debut on ‘The Water Man’ have 329 words, post on www.sfgate.com at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.