Photo: Courtesy Of YouTube Photo: Courtesy Of YouTube Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Courtesy Of YouTube China Box Office: ‘Mulan’ Is No Hero With $23 Million Debut 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Click here to read the full article. Disney’s “Mulan” opened in China this weekend with disappointing figures of just $23 million, far from the slam dunk it had hoped for in a critical territory. While it still was the highest grosser of the weekend, it came in just a hair above the local historical epic “The Eight Hundred,” which grossed $21.7 million, according to data from the Maoyan industry tracker. More from Variety ‘Tenet’ Hits $200 Million Globally, Despite Lackluster U.S. Box Office Warner Bros. Won’t Share ‘Tenet’ Box Office Data, Angering Rival Studios From ‘MASH’ to ‘Mulan,’ Rosalind Chao Reflects on an Impressive Career Industry players say that Disney may have chosen to put aside the levity and musical numbers of the original animated film for this live-action adaptation in an attempt to appeal to Chinese audiences. Ironically, by Sunday, ticket sales for China’s homegrown “The Eight Hundred” — a similarly humorless, patriotic war film — had already exceeded… Read full this story
- International Box Office: Korea Comes ‘#Alive’ As Horror Pic Makes A Killing; France Amorous In Return To Cinemas
- International Box Office: Korea Again Leads Weekend; France Returns To Cinemas With A Passion
- ‘Little Women’ Big In Japan As It Marches Towards $100M Offshore – International Box Office Update
- Sony Wins Again At The Independence Day Box Office, This Year With The Reissue Of 1984’s ‘Ghostbusters’
- ‘Little Women’ Crosses $100M Overseas – International Box Office
- Invisible Man Broke an Unlikely Box Office Record That'll Probably Never Happen Again
- The Martian Wins Again at the Box Office with $37 Million
- Little Women Crosses a Box Office Milestone as Movie Theaters Reopen Around the World
- Straight Outta Compton Takes 3rd Weekend Box Office Win
- Will Independence Day 2 Destroy Finding Dory at the Box Office?
China Box Office: ‘Mulan’ Is No Hero With $23 Million Debut have 335 words, post on www.sfgate.com at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.