LATEST EVACUATION INFORMATION MONROVIA (CBSLA) — Evacuation warnings remain in place for many communities across Southern California due to the still-burning Bobcat Fire in the Angeles National Forest. The wildfire erupted last Sunday near the Cogswell Dam, and has grown exponentially since then, consuming 29,245 acres. It remains at 6 percent containment, with evacuation warnings in place for residents in Duarte, Bradbury, Monrovia, Arcadia, Sierra Madrid, Pasadena and Altadena. No homes have been damaged and no injuries were reported since the fire started, but the growing fire has led to smoke around the Los Angeles area, prompting several days of unhealthy air quality alerts. RELATED: Smoke Advisory In Effect, Unhealthy Air Quality Declared For Parts Of Southern California Firefighters say the area where the Bobcat Fire broke out hadn’t burned in more than 60 years, so there is a lot of new growth to fuel the fire. People who live in the San Gabriel foothills are being asked to be prepared to evacuate if they haven’t already, and to have medication, important documents and other essentials handy. Residents in that zone are also asked to have their cars parked facing their escape path to facilitate evacuation. Right now, fire command… Read full this story
- Angeles National Forest Service Shuts Down Mount Baldy Hiking Trails To Aid In Search For Missing Hiker
- Who should get to play in California’s national forests?
- Two Mexican nationals busted for growing 8,656 plants of marijuana in California's Shasta National Forest area, where cops discovered thousands of pounds of garbage and a water pipe system that stretched out for three miles
- Green Mountain National Forest ready for snowmobile season
- Feral hog hunting curtailed in Mark Twain National Forest
- Fees Dropped to Encourage MLK Day Visits to National Forests
- Karnataka Takes 35 Years to Build Mini-Forest in One Acre of Land
- Fees to be Waived to Boost Visits to San Bernardino National Forest
- Illegally Grown Marijuana Destroying National Forests
- Volkswagen donation to expand US forest by 1,500 acres
Bobcat Fire In Angeles National Forest Approaching 30,000 Acres have 339 words, post on losangeles.cbslocal.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.