Peggy Drexler is a research psychologist and the author of “Our Fathers, Ourselves: Daughters, Fathers, and the Changing American Family” and “Raising Boys Without Men.” She is at work on a book about how women are conditioned to compete with one another. The opinions expressed in this commentary are hers. View more opinion on CNN. (CNN)In an interview this week with Gwyneth Paltrow, the actress Cameron Diaz discussed her decision to quit acting, offering reasons that focused on bettering her quality of life. “I had gone so hard for so long,” she told Paltrow in an episode of “In goop Health: The Sessions” series, and mentioned 12-hour workdays that went on for months. “I didn’t really make any space for my personal life.” She said she has now “found peace,” adding that, “I was finally taking care of myself.” Diaz has in recent years shifted her attention to writing—she’s authored two books—as well as building a wine business. She married in 2015 and earlier this year, became a new mom, at 47, to daughter Raddix. Presumably, her more than 20 years of success in the film business set her up financially to make that shift—to do, in midlife, what she… Read full this story
- Benji Madden posted the sweetest message to wife Cameron Diaz on her birthday
- Benji Madden posts emotional message to his wife Cameron Diaz on her birthday
- Gwyneth Paltrow marries Brad Fulchuk at star-studded Hamptons wedding with Cameron Diaz and Robert Downey, Jr.
- When is The Miseducation of Cameron Post out in the UK and who’s in the cast with Chloe Grace Moretz?
- Who is Cameron Cole? Big Brother 2018 housemate and vlogger from Norwich
- Who is Desiree Akhavan? The Bisexual star playing Leila and The Miseduction of Cameron Post director
- How to vote in Big Brother 2018 – app details, voting rules and cost explained
- Who is Chantelle Cameron and when will she take on Katie Taylor?
- Cameron Wyllie: Unsayable but true: some kids are smarter than others
- Cameron Wyllie: Face the facts, some kids are just smarter than others
What Cameron Diaz doesn't have to explain have 359 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.