The World Health Organization (W.H.O.) on Saturday warned the coronavirus pandemic will be “lengthy” and lockdowns alongside enforced social isolation will continue for some time after its emergency committee met to evaluate its own bungled initial response to the crisis.The committee “highlighted the anticipated lengthy duration of this COVID-19 pandemic”, the W.H.O. said in a statement, and warned of the risk of “response fatigue” given the socio-economic pressures on countries. The panel gathered Friday for the fourth time over the coronavirus crisis, half a year on from its January 30 declaration of a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC) — the W.H.O.’s highest level of alarm. “W.H.O. continues to assess the global risk level of COVID-19 to be very high,” said its latest statement. “The committee highlighted the anticipated lengthy duration of this COVID-19 pandemic, noting the importance of sustained community, national, regional, and global response efforts.” Going into the meeting, W.H.O. chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the pandemic’s effects would be long-lasting. “It’s sobering to think that six months ago, when you recommended I declare a PHEIC, there were less than 100 cases and no deaths outside China,” he said Friday. What Tedros didn’t acknowledge, however, was his own confusion as far… Read full this story
- Mexico danger map updated as US warns of ‘widespread’ crime amid rise in murders, kidnappings, carjackings and robberies
- Jodie Comer has pivotal cameo in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: Does Matt Smith Appear in The Rise of Skywalker?
- Dead Rising 3 Goes Apocalyptic With DLC
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record Announced
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Ending Explained
- Star Wars: Does Kylo Ren Become a Jedi in The Rise of Skywalker?
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Gives Chewbacca Fans Something They've Wanted for 40 Years
- To The Manor Reborn: Thoughts On Rise Of The Tomb Raider's Anniversary DLC
- Pandemic Making Office Space (God, Sorry)
W.H.O. Warns of ‘Lengthy’ Coronavirus Pandemic as Cases Rise have 340 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.