The U.S. reported more than 25,000 deaths in July related to the novel coronavirus, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, a grim milestone for the country as it seeks to stem a rising number of cases.The country saw 1.87 million new cases of the virus last month — an increase of nearly 70 percent — bringing the total number of cases during the pandemic to just over 4.5 million.More than 150,000 people in the U.S. have died due to the virus, according to Johns Hopkins.ADVERTISEMENTSeveral states in particular – Florida, California and Texas – saw massive jumps in their number of cases in July, as governors across the country pulled back from reopening plans or implemented new restrictions.The Sunshine State saw more than 310,000 new cases in July, while Texas and California both had more than 260,000 new infections, according to a tally from Reuters.The wire service found that cases more than doubled in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.In mid-July, the U.S. shattered global daily records, reporting over 77,000 new cases on July 16.On Thursday, the federal government reported that the country’s GDP has shrunk by an adjusted annualized rate of 32.9 in the… Read full this story
- Gas Chamber Chair Removed, San Quentin Death Chamber Closed
- What is the strangest killer in YOUR state? Map shows the 'most distinctive' causes of death across the US
- Death Note Movie Gets Straight Outta Compton Star
- Sofia Vergara posts cute photos with husband Joe Manganiello on the set of their new movie Bottom Of The Ninth: 'With my love'
- 'MTV Ace of Space' contestant Danish Zehen passes away in a car accident; Host Vikas Gupta mourns his death!
- Danish Zehen Death: Last video of 'Ace of Space' contestant hours before his accident leaving fans heartbroken!
- Cameron Boyce: Debby Ryan Turns off Instagram Comments in Wake of 'Jessie' Co-Star's Death
- Lisa Armstrong shares touching tribute to her late father Derek to mark six months since his death... as its revealed she 'refuses to sign NDA amid divorce battle with ex Ant McPartlin'
- A post office worker was given three life sentences for raping and murdering a student. Now South African women are saying enough
- 'You're going to die': Maduro's death squad interrogates an unarmed shopkeeper, 29, moments before they shoot him inside his home - contradicting the official police report that he died in an alleyway gun battle
US posts more than 25,000 COVID-19 deaths in July have 419 words, post on thehill.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.