The local government in Turin, Italy, has allowed Muslim groups to publicly celebrate an Islamic holiday while still restricting other gatherings due to the Wuhan coronavirus.The Turin government has given permission for Muslims to engage in celebrations for the Eid al-Adha festival in nine public and private areas of the city. Local politician Augusta Montaruli, a member of the national-conservative Brothers of Italy (FdI), slammed the move while noting that the government had cancelled a yearly Christian procession, the processione della Consolata, in June. “What was the use of banning the Consolata procession, interrupting an ancient tradition in Turin, when the mass prayers of Muslims were authorised?” Ms Montaruli said. “This is Turin on the day of the Islamic festival of sacrifice, where organising the crowd into separate groups has only increased the number of gatherings in the various neighbourhoods of the city. Thousands of men are crowded together on prayer carpets without the slightest social distance,” Montaruli told Il Giornale. Matteo Salvini: Muslim Immigration Is ‘Main Cause’ of Resurgent Antisemitism https://t.co/bLCqiRDsq9 — Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) January 19, 2020 Montaruli, who serves in the Italian Chamber of Deputies, slammed the national leftist government. She said it “flexes its muscles when it comes to… Read full this story
- French local elections go ahead despite coronavirus restrictions; turnout lower so far
- Despite coronavirus restrictions, French vote in local elections
- French mayor defends holding massive Smurf rally despite coronavirus spread: "We must not stop living"
- Mexico holds big music festival despite coronavirus concerns
- Tokyo holds Olympics test event despite coronavirus woes
- Trump Vows to Carry on With Rallies Despite Coronavirus Spread
- Hold subdued Holi celebrations: CM
- Golden State Warriors to play NBA game despite coronavirus warning
- Local elections in France, Bavaria proceed despite coronavirus fears
- Despite coronavirus concerns, Inter Milan president Steven Zhang confident Serie A season will be completed
Turin Lets Muslims Hold Public Eid Celebrations Despite Coronavirus Restrictions have 320 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.