Isaias has weakened from a hurricane to a tropical storm as it moves through the Carolinas and New Jersey declares a state of emergency.New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy has declared a state of emergency from 5 a.m. ET on Tuesday. The governor is urging New Jersey residents to only travel if necessary, take down temporary structures, charge devices, and to stay updated with their local authority’s guidelines.Previously a Category 1 hurricane, Isaias has now weakened to a tropical storm over eastern North Carolina and is producing heavy rainfall and strong winds with the threat of tornadoes beginning to spread into southeastern Virginia. As of 3 a.m. ET, Tropical Storm Isaias was around 35 miles west-southwest of Greenville and around 50 miles east-southeast of Raleigh.Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam said: “My team and I are continuing to closely monitor Tropical Storm Isaias. Heavy rainfall, high winds, and flooding are expected along our coast starting early Tuesday morning. If you live in coastal Virginia, now is the time to prepare.” wotNewsweek subscription offers >Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said: “Our state is taking every precaution to prepare for the effects of Tropical Storm Isaias—which could include heavy rain, damaging winds, and flash flooding—and I… Read full this story
- Tracking The Tropics: Eta Makes Landfall In Lower Matecumbe Key As Strong Tropical Storm
- Rainbands From Tropical Storm Eta Causing Power Outages In Miami-Dade, Broward
- Tropical Storm Eta Causes Widespread Flooding, Closures Across Miami-Dade
- Tracking The Tropics: Tropical Storm Iota Threatens Central America
- Man Rescued After Driving Into Canal In Lauderhill Amid Significant Tropical Storm Eta Flooding
- Tropical Storm Eta’s Heavy Rain, Storm Surge Affects Florida Keys
- Tropical Storm Eta Leaves Thousands Without Power Across South Florida
- New Jersey congressman urges Nancy Pelosi to BAR 126 Republicans from the House for backing Donald Trump's failed Texas lawsuit, claiming they violated the Constitution by trying to 'install a dictator'
- New York, New Jersey Deploying National Guard Members To Washington DC To Help Maintain Security
- Significant Tropical Storm Eta Flooding In Broward, Man Rescued After Driving Into Canal In Lauderhill
Tropical Storm Isaias Tracker, Path as New Jersey Declares State of Emergency have 357 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.