Ongoing negotiations between lawmakers and the Trump administration on the coronavirus stimulus bill are expected to dominate the Sunday Show circuit this week, as talks spill over into next week. Trump administration officials, including Treasury Secretary Steven MnuchinSteven Terner MnuchinBiden calls on Trump, Congress to enact an emergency housing program Sunday shows preview: White House, Democratic leaders struggle for deal on coronavirus bill ‘Progress’ but no deal as coronavirus talks head into next week MORE, met with Democratic leaders on Saturday saying they made “progress” but have still not reached an agreement. The main dispute is about the amount of money to spend: Senate Republicans have introduced a roughly $1 trillion package, while the bill passed by House Democrats in May rang in at roughly $3 trillion. They also disagree about providing additional money for cash-strapped state and local governments who have depleted their budgets fighting the coronavirus. The final issue, and perhaps the most urgent, is how to replace beefed up unemployment benefits, which expired Friday night. A handful of negotiators are scheduled to appear on cable talk shows this week, with both Mnuchin and House Speaker Nancy PelosiNancy PelosiBiden calls on Trump, Congress to enact an emergency housing program Here are top contenders… Read full this story
- Bombshell testimony shows alarm over White House-Ukraine shadow diplomacy was early and deep
- Analysis: Bombshell testimony shows alarm over White House-Ukraine shadow diplomacy was early and deep
- Dubai Deal Attack on the White House
- Senate Democratic Leader Tom Daschle Next President of the United States
- Obama's Chance for the White House
- Al Gore to Clean Toilets at the White House?
- Exactly How Strong Is That White House Fence?
- Hilary Clinton and Politics on the Road to the White House
- Run for the White House; A Three-Year Survivor Series
- My Fourth Interview with Jose Caliente: White House Informant
Sunday shows preview: White House, Democratic leaders struggle for deal on coronavirus bill have 317 words, post on thehill.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.