SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — The school year is getting underway at some of New Mexico’s largest public school districts as teachers, students and parents deal with remote learning amid the coronavirus pandemic. Albuquerque Public Schools started Wednesday as schools in the district have been distributing technology to students, making virtual home visits, and providing guidance to staff, students and families. The Las Cruces district has outlined protocols for instruction, technology and nutrition services for that district’s all-online start. “We have prepared, and we are ready,” Las Cruces Superintendent Karen Trujillo said in a statement. “Our teachers have immersed themselves in professional development training, our nutrition services team is ready to get meals moving and our technology staff has ensured that students who need devices for online learning have them in hand.” Trujillo said educators participated in more than 350 professional development webinars to prepare for the start of virtual classes and laptops and tablets were ordered at the beginning of the summer with the aim of every student having access to a device. Some students are still waiting though due to shipping delays and social distancing constraints as the district’s technology staff prepares the devices for distribution. Whether New… Read full this story
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the 28-year-old who just defeated a powerful House Democrat, has an asteroid named after her — here’s why
- Past generations created a climate crisis for Millennials and Generation Z. Today marks 30 years of inaction.
- Louisiana five years after BP oil spill: 'It's not going back to normal no time soon'
- Trump signs $1 trillion spending bill, keeps government open
- When Transgender Travelers Walk Into U.S. Scanners, Invasive Searches Sometimes Await
- There’s more to Runnymede than Bloor West Village
- Obama officials failed to deal with fentanyl crisis as it burned its way across America
School year begins for some New Mexico districts have 317 words, post on www.sfgate.com at August 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.