San Mateo police are asking the public for security footage and tips to help identify a man they say is suspected of brutally beating and sexually assaulting a woman late Wednesday night. Authorities said they responded to a report of a sexual assault at 9th Avenue and S. El Camino Real in San Mateo at 10:40 p.m. on Wednesday and found a woman in her 60s. The man had run away in a southwest direction, police said. Police said the suspect was described as being in his late teens or early 20s, having an “average build and height,” had dark, “outgrown or slightly curly hair.” He wore a red sweatshirt or sweater with the word, “LIFEGUARD,” dark pants and was carrying a backpack or satchel at the time of the assault, police said. Police said detectives have located the red sweater they believe the suspect wore, along with a silver bicycle that police said he was seen with at the time. “San Mateo Police Department detectives are tirelessly working this sexual assault case and have new information to share with the public,” police said. “We believe the suspect is homeless and may have visited businesses in the city of San… Read full this story
- Fans sing praises of karaoke / San Mateo police chief defends 45-day ban on private booths
- Mysterious tree-sitting cat of San Mateo is found — his humans didn't want him anymore
- Did lawyers chase, assault woman IPS officer at Tis Hazari?
- Health Department: Recent San Mateo County Measles Cases Have Direct Ties To SFO
- San Mateo teens get a lesson from civil rights icon Minnijean Brown of the Little Rock Nine
- Supervisor Calls For E-Cigarette Ban In San Mateo County
- Man Fires Gun Inside Dirty Birds Bar In San Diego: Police
- Would-Be Robber Caught On Camera, San Ramon Police Say
- San Francisco Police Chief Offers Historic Apology To LGBTQ Community
- Armed man fatally shot by San Jose police on Highway 85
San Mateo police ask for security footage, tips in beating, assault of woman have 335 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.