One Metropolitan Police Services officer suffered a head injury when he tried to break up a fight at an illegal mass gathering for the Muslim celebration of Eid in East London.Police were responding to calls of a large crowd gathering on Ilford Lane, near the junction with Dudley Road, in Ilford, in the London borough of Redbridge, just before midnight on Thursday. Scotland Yard said in a statement released on Friday that when officers arrived, they asked the crowd of some 150-200 people who had been at Eid celebrations to return home, with current coronavirus lockdown rules still forbidding mass gatherings. As the crowd began to disperse, two groups began to fight each other on Rutland Road. Police intervened, and subsequently, one officer was injured. One suspect was arrested. Chief Superintendent Stephen Clayman said: “That this size of gathering has taken place during a pandemic is concerning. I remind all of our communities to respect each other and ensure that the government guidelines around social distancing are followed. “Following a workday of protecting the public, one of my officers has had to return home to his family with a head injury. This is beyond unacceptable, and I would like to be… Read full this story
- Phoenix police: Officer fatally shoots man; fight reported
- 2 Officers Injured In South Sacramento Crash
- Over 100 police officers have died from COVID-19, FOP says
- Dean Laidley arrest fallout deepens as a SECOND senior police officer is suspended over leaked photos showing the AFL great being questioned while wearing women's clothes
- Dramatic moment suspended police officer uses Taser on 'bystander' after car crash as he is investigated for THIRD incident using 'excessive force'
- Retired police officer recalls the harrowing moment he found a woman dying at home after being attacked by her partner as he urges forces to make tackling domestic violence a priority to save lives
- Man Will Face Possible Death Penalty In Ohio Police Officer’s Death
- False claim: No police officers in the world have died of COVID-19
- FBI investigates death of a black man in Minneapolis after video shows police officer kneeling on his neck
- Police officer is given written warning after failing to find drugs inside hotel room where Kerry Katona's ex-husband George Kay was 'eating cocaine' before he died of overdose
Police Officer Injured Trying to Break up Fight at Illegal Mass Eid Gathering have 394 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.