French populist Marine Le Pen has reportedly ousted several prominent social conservatives from the National Rally’s (RN) inauguration committee ahead of French regional elections.The reshuffle sees six members removed from the National Inauguration Committee, around a quarter of the total members, many of them well-known as being socially conservative. Among those ousted is lawyer Gilbert Collard, who served as one of the party’s few MPs in the French parliament prior to the 2017 national elections. He resigned as MP last year after being elected to the European Parliament. Mr Collard told French newspaper Le Figaro: “I will resign from the national office (the party leadership). The letter leaves tomorrow. That way, they won’t have to fire me.” He later stated that Ms Le Pen had given him a new role, to shape the cultural component of her presidential campaign in 2022. Marine Le Pen Vows to Deport Criminal Migrants If Elected President in 2022 https://t.co/iOjmP7bzct — Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) July 31, 2020 Prominent MEP Nicolas Bay was also removed from the committee. Mr Bay, a staunch social conservative, spoke out on Friday about the European Commission spending €36.5 million on “Islamist” associations between 2014 and 2019, but did not comment on his removal from… Read full this story
- Marine Le Pen Caught Up in Plagiarism Scandal Ahead of Final Round of French Elections
- Marine Le Pen heads to the rust belt to celebrate French election success
- Marine Le Pen could campaign for UK to leave EU
- Le Pen, Farage parties win elections for European Parliament in France and UK, Greens surge in Germany: polls
- Why Is Old Man Le Pen So Mean to Marine?
- Tea Party on Social Security: ‘We Are All Collateral For The Banks’
- Chairman of winning party in Slovak vote to form government
- Allez les standups! Are French comics gutsier than their British rivals?
- The Labour leadership contest has exposed new factions in the party
- Labour’s leadership election is haunted by guilt and shame
Marine Le Pen ‘Purges’ Party Leadership of Social Conservative Figures have 341 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.