Recommended Video: A look at what’s happening around the majors Wednesday: BLISTERING BLACKMON Charlie Blackmon raised his batting average to an amazing .500 with three more hits in Colorado’s 8-7 win over Arizona. After starting out the year 0 for 9, Blackmon has hit in 15 straight games. He’s 34 for 68 through 17 games in the coronavirus-shortened 60-game season. C YOU LATER Cleveland is minus two of its top starting pitchers after putting Mike Clevinger and Zach Plesac on the restricted list. The Indians made the moves after the right-handers broke team rules and Major League Baseball protocols by leaving their hotel in Chicago last weekend and risking exposure to the COVID-19 virus. The Indians had implemented a code of conduct for players to follow on road trips, forbidding them from socializing outside of the team’s players and staff. MLB permits teams to use the restricted list for players who are unavailable to play for non-baseball reasons. The players will be paid during their leave and be given service times. They can come off the list at any time. SIDELINED SLUGGER Colorado Rockies’ Charlie Blackmon doubles against the Seattle Mariners in the first inning of a baseball game Sunday,… Read full this story
- Oakland Makes Road Safety Improvements In Area Of Fatal Hit-&-Run
- Arrival of Vikings to Ireland in the 10th century halted a 200-year-long population decline and rejuvenated the Emerald Isle, study claims
- Powerful in pink! Jessica Mauboy hits the right notes in a vibrant fuchsia frock with bold shoulder detailing as she leads the celebrity arrivals at David Jones SS19 Bright Night event
- Ant & Dec's DNA Journey: McPartlin is left shocked as probe into his mother's lineage unexpectedly leads him to the UNITED NATIONS HQ in New York City
- Driver walks away from spectacular crash at Sandown 500
- WRONG Location, Location, Location! Presenter Phil Spencer leads opposition to Hampshire plan for 800 new homes that would create 500 jobs saying it's the 'wrong development in the wrong place'
- Four people are injured and buildings damaged as earthquake hits southern France – with nuclear reactors also shut down
- Woman Arrested After Holocaust Survivor Killed in L.A. Hit-and-run
- S&P 500 breaks 3,000 for the first time EVER as Fed chairman signals possible interest rate cut after months of lobbying by Trump
- 2.0 likely to hit Rs 500 crore target in India; stage set for Zero, Simmba
LEADING OFF: Blackmon hitting .500; Clevinger, Plesac halted have 402 words, post on www.sfgate.com at August 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.