(CNN)Simon Cowell will be sitting out Tuesday and Wednesday’s episodes of “America’s Got Talent” due to an injury, but thankfully, the talent competition knew just who to call for a moment like this. Singer and recent Daytime Emmy winner Kelly Clarkson, whom Cowell once had a hand in crowning the winner of “American Idol,” is set to serve as a guest judge on this week’s live telecasts, according to NBC and a statement posted on Clarkson’s social media. “My friend, Simon Cowell, is doing better now but was in an accident and won’t be able to make Tuesday and Wednesday’s live shows for AGT, but no worries America, someone far wiser, cooler, and hotter is taking his seat!” Clarkson wrote. “The unbelievably amazing Kelly Clarkson. You’re welcome in advance!” Cowell injured his back while riding an electric bike and required surgery. Cowell thanked well-wishers for their “kind messages” in a tweet on Monday. Read More Clarkson will join fellow judges Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara. Terry Crews hosts the program. “America’s Got Talent” airs Tuesday and Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on NBC.
- Simon Cowell launches online talent contest
- Deaf singer wows crowd, judges on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Tyra Banks to host season 12 of ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Young Fil-Am wows judges on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- 12-year-old ventriloquist wins ‘America’s Got Talent’
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ airs audition of contestant who died
- Simon Cowell has reportedly been hospitalized after a bad fall at his home
- Piece by piece by Kelly Clarkson
- ‘Asia’s Got Talent’ auditions set
- Nicole Scherzinger walks out after Simon Cowell dismisses Filipino boyband
Kelly Clarkson to fill in for Simon Cowell on "America's Got Talent" have 296 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 11, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.