A Parliamentary committee has said it was a “mistake” not to introduce border or isolation restrictions on travellers from Europe from mid-March, with up to 10,000 cases being imported that directly contributed to the scale of the pandemic in the United Kingdom.The House of Commons Home Affairs Select Committee said in its report released on Wednesday that while the United Kingdom’s incremental introduction of international travel measures and self-isolation orders for travellers from China and Italy was initially — between January and early March — broadly in line with the actions of other countries, they were inexplicably dropped on March 13th. No further restrictions were put in place on travellers from Europe in the early months of the outbreak because the government failed to recognise “the increased risk of importations from European countries owing to the greater amount of travel between these countries and the UK, and the speed at which case numbers were increasing”. The committee also said that failure to impose “strict border measures” — which the government dismissed as “draconian” on February 3rd — might have actually contributed to the massive scale of domestic constraints which the government eventually put in place in late March. “We are concerned… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders Has a Bad Reason for Opposing Open Borders
- Epistemic Liberalism and Open Borders
- Virgin refuses to open first class to help people cope with the heatwave
- New Boris Govt Confirms UK Won’t Pay £39bn to Brussels in No-Deal Brexit
- Tory MP urges Boris Johnson to honour citizens' rights pledge
- MP slams ‘rip-off’ hospital TV fees as ‘another tax on the poor’
- Your letters: Council’s refusal to open armouries means more homeless people will die
- May on the Brink: PM 48 Hours from Activating ‘No Deal’ Plan as Boris Slams ‘Total Surrender’ to EU
- Who's who in Team Boris after brutal cull of Theresa May era: Boris Johnson tells his new-look 'Brexit Cabinet' that Britain is at a 'pivotal moment'
- Boris Johnson to seek election after rebel Tories deliver Commons defeat
Coronavirus: MPs Slam Boris Govt for Open Borders that Invited 10,000 Infected People have 347 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.