The Chronicle’s Live Updates page documents the latest events in the coronavirus outbreak in the Bay Area, the state of California and across the U.S. with a focus on health and economic impacts. The San Francisco Chronicle’s ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 543,496 cases in California, including 10,097 deaths • 59,809 in the Bay Area, including 892 deaths. • More than 4.9 million in the U.S., including 160,737 deaths. Other states with the highest death tolls are New York with 32,756; New Jersey with 15,849; Massachusetts with 8,691; Texas with 8,569; and Illinois with 7,791. Click on the Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 19.1 million in the world, with more than 716,000 deaths. More than 11.6 million people have recovered. Resources on COVID-19 and California’s reopening: Use our interactive page to track the state and Bay Area’s reopening by county. For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. Information on Bay Area school reopenings can be found here. Find Bay Area COVID-19 testing sites… Read full this story
- UFC 239: Live updates from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas
- NFL Draft 2019 tracker: Live updates, pick-by-pick results, will New England Patriots make a trade?
- NFL Draft Tracker 2019: Live updates, New England Patriots pick-by-pick results for Day 2
- Kentucky Derby 2019 Payouts, Betting Results (Live Updates)
- Coachella 2019: Live updates from weekend 2 of the music festival
- Pac-12 College Football Media Day 2019: Live updates
- Rams vs. Cowboys: Live updates from Hawaii
- Rams vs. Broncos: Live updates from the L.A. Memorial Coliseum
- NFL Draft Tracker 2019: Who will New England Patriots take on Day 3? (Live updates)
- Who Won Miss USA 2019? Pageant Results, Live Updates
Coronavirus live updates: ‘Our data system has failed’; California investigates foul-up in case counts have 308 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.