close Video What needs to happen to reopen schools safely Fox News medical contributor Dr. Janette Nesheiwat outlines the ways parents need to ensure their children’s safety when returning to school. She later discusses how close America is to releasing a coronavirus vaccine. The U.S. last month saw coronavirus cases jump in children by 40% while the debate in the country rages over whether or not to reopen schools for in-person classes. CLICK FOR THE LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS Bloomberg, citing the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association, reported that 86 children died from the disease in the U.S., which amounted to 0.06% total fatalities and 0.003% of total cases. Video There have been over 5 million coronavirus cases in the U.S., the highest of any country, and more than 160,000 deaths. Health officials believe the actual number is perhaps 10 times higher, or closer to 50 million, given testing limitations and the fact that as many as 40% of all those who are infected have no symptoms. Georgia health officials confirmed last week that a 7-year-old boy with no underlying conditions has become the youngest person in the state to die from COVID-19. The African-American boy was infected with the disease after… Read full this story
- Coronavirus Victoria: Jump in Victorian cases as shopping chaos unfolds
- Coronavirus crisis: Eight new cases of COVID-19 in Victoria
- Coronavirus UK map – how many cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed?
- Coronavirus in New York: Latest Updates
- Coronavirus: Ban on overseas travel as Scott Morrison extends social restrictions across nation
- Scott Morrison bans Australians from travelling overseas from TOMORROW as the government brings in new coronavirus restrictions on weddings, funerals and food courts
- 'I'm asking coronavirus patients if they want to die in hospital or at home': NHS junior A&E doctor, 32, gives stark glimpse from the frontline of crisis and conversations 'she never thought she would have'
- Overseas travel, auctions, birthday parties and barbecues are banned from midnight TONIGHT in latest coronavirus restrictions - as the 'trigger point' for Italy-style home lockdowns is revealed
- Six more coronavirus patients die in Scotland, five in Wales and four in Northern Ireland - taking the UK's death toll to 437 with almost 8,400 cases of the killer infection recorded across Britain
- Coronavirus survivor tells Americans not to panic
Coronavirus cases jump 40% in US kids last month: report have 391 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.