Recommended Video: Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Lorenzo Cain has decided not to play the remainder of the 2020 season. The Brewers announced the two-time All-Star’s decision Saturday, when their scheduled home opener against St. Louis was postponed for a second straight day because multiple members of the Cardinals tested positive for the novel coronavirus. “We fully support Lorenzo’s decision and will miss his talents on the field and leadership in the clubhouse,” Brewers general manager David Stearns said in a statement. Cain was 6 for 18 with two RBIs in his first five games this season after batting .260 with 11 homers, 48 RBIs and 18 steals last year, when he earned his first Gold Glove. He has a $5,925,926 prorated salary this season as a part of an $80 million, five-year contract through 2022. Cain, a married father of three sons, announced his decision on the same day Miami Marlins second baseman Isan Díaz said he had opted out. At least 21 members of the Marlins’ traveling party have tested positive for COVID-19. ___ Milwaukee Brewers’ Lorenzo Cain drives in a run with a single off Pittsburgh Pirates relief pitcher Nik Turley during the seventh inning of a baseball game… Read full this story
- XFL returns for 2020 season after lone season in 2001
- Democrats set to face off in first primary debate of 2020 season
- Cain outpitches Gallardo as Giants get win
- Lilly, Lee lead Cubs past Brewers
- A look at Brewers contract situations heading into offseason
- Gordon, Hosmer, Perez, Cain are Gold Glove finalists
- Online Troubles archive CAIN gets a year to find future funding
- After Madera successes, will Fresno County overhaul elections system for 2020?
- Tropical Storm Lorenzo Forms as Karen Moves Toward Puerto Rico
- Jazz deal G Brewer to Grizz for future first-rounder
Brewers outfielder Lorenzo Cain opts out of 2020 season have 297 words, post on www.sfgate.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.