(CNN)As Natalia Miranda lay on the ground, she didn’t know how she got there. Her body was severely swollen and her clothes were torn and dirty. A SUV ran over the 14-year-old a few weeks before Christmas last year. She says she was walking the two blocks between her home in Clive, Iowa, and her junior high school to watch a basketball game. Neither Natalia or her parents could make sense of what happened but soon, police told the family that it wasn’t an accident. The driver, a White woman, admitted that she intentionally hit the teen, police said. “Her intention was clear … because she looks Mexican,” Natalia’s father, Cesar Miranda told CNN, referring to what the driver told police. In the year following a mass shooting at a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas, multiple attacks targeting Latinos and immigrants have taken place across the United States. Read More The shooting in El Paso is considered one of the nation’s deadliest shootings and the deadliest attack on Latinos in modern US history. A gunman opened fire killing 23 people and injuring nearly two dozen others. Before the massacre, the suspected gunman — now indicted on more than 90… Read full this story
- 'I am enraged': Father of Parkland shooting victim blasts the listening session Trump held with mass-shooting survivors
- BRIEF-El Paso Electric Says Commission of Texas Approves Final Order in Rate Case
- Why Logitech International, Shopify, and El Paso Electric Jumped Today
- Yahoo! Donates Computer Servers to Howard, El Paso Universities
- El Paso County new car and truck market up slightly in March
- El Paso County new vehicle market slows in April
- In an era of mass shootings, we need to start thinking a little differently
- The NRA digs in after the Florida shooting: 'The mainstream media loves mass shootings'
- Mathematical modelling shows Australia's tough gun laws have stopped mass shootings
- Unsealed search warrants reveal new details about the Las Vegas mass shooting that killed 58 people
Attacks against Latinos in the US didn't stop after El Paso mass shooting have 340 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.