From Chalkbeat Chicago: By Sarah Karp, WBEZ and Yana Kunichoff, Chalkbeat Chicago This story is a reporting partnership between WBEZ Chicago public radio and Chalkbeat Chicago. In the midst of a heated debate last year about whether police officers should work in Chicago’s public schools, district leaders agreed to pay up to the full salary and benefits of staff assigned to the $33 million program, even though they are police department employees. Chalkbeat Chicago and WBEZ have learned that the school district agreed to pay $152,000 per police officer and $172,000 per sergeant on a 12-month contract. School is in session for 10 months, and officers have other police department duties during the summer months and other times they are not in schools. On Wednesday, in response to months of reporters’ questions and multiple Freedom of Information Act requests, Chicago Public Schools said that it will only pay for the time the police officers and sergeants worked on the school program and it won’t be charged for the months when school was closed due to COVID-19. The district said it is conducting a “reconciliation” of costs for the 2019-20 school year, and that it hasn’t paid the Chicago Police Department… Read full this story
- Fraud, Waste, Misconduct: Inspector General's Report Details Year Of Cases In Chicago Schools
- Queen's Guards grabbed police officer by the throat and hurled racial abuse at him after they were thrown out of bar for insulting US tourists and army
- Viral Video of Police Officer Kicking Teen in Back Prompts Investigation in Washington
- Minister visits families of police officers died in disturbance in Dong Tam
- Appeals court overturns firing of Gonzales police officer
- Andhra Pradesh Police Officers’ Association slams N Chandrababu Naidu, calls him 'traitor', 'cheat' and 'anti-social'
- Shocking photos reveal police officer's injuries after hit-and-run horror - as his wife appeals for help catching driver of Mini Cooper dumped near scene
- Breaking: Police officer with POS machine, stops vehicle, demands ATM card from Nigerians
- Police officer with POS machine, stops vehicle, demands ATM card from Nigerians
- Female police officer, 28, performed oral sex on fellow PC, 49, in patrol car while they were on duty, misconduct trial hears
Under Review: Chicago Schools Agree To Pay School Police Officers Full Salary And Pensions have 371 words, post on patch.com at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.