NEW YORK (AP) — President Donald Trump said he will take action as soon as Saturday to ban TikTok, a popular Chinese-owned video app that has been a source of national security and censorship concerns. Trump’s comments came after published reports that the administration is planning to order China’s ByteDance to sell TikTok. There were also reports Friday that software giant Microsoft is in talks to buy the app. “As far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States,” Trump told reporters Friday on Air Force One as he returned from Florida. Trump said he could use emergency economic powers or an executive order to enforce the action, insisting, “I have that authority.” He added, “It’s going to be signed tomorrow.” Reports by Bloomberg News and the Wall Street Journal citing anonymous sources said the administration could soon announce a decision ordering ByteDance to divest its ownership in TikTok. There have been reports of U.S. tech giants and financial firms being interested in buying or investing in TikTok as the Trump administration sets its sights on the app. The New York Times and Fox Business, citing an unidentified source, reported Friday that Microsoft is in talks to… Read full this story
- Trump Explains Why He Banned Huawei, And It’s Not Convincing
- Trump says likely successor to ISIS leader Baghdadi killed by US forces
- 'He had nothing!' Trump says 'Robert Mueller did a poor job' during hours of congressional grilling and THANKS Democrats for holding the hearings – but declares they'll lose big in 2020 because they didn't hurt him
- Trump says that al-Baghdadi's 'number one replacement' as leader of ISIS has been killed
- Trump says he asked Saudi king to list oil company on New York exchange
- 'I did the right thing!' Trump says he has no regrets about refusing to meet with Mueller because special counsel 'ruined people's lives' over minor mistakes and BANKRUPTED 'good people'
- Donald Trump says Google hides positive news about him; Google begs to differ
- Stop ‘Defeatist’ Brexit Attitude and Take ‘Inspiration’ from Trump, Says U.S. Ambassador
- Donald Trump says Google has conspired to hide positive news about him, Google denies it
- As Trump Weighs A Vaping Ban, A Fight Has Broken Out Over Pro-Vaping “Bots”
Trump Says He’ll Take Action To Ban TikTok Nationwide As Soon As Saturday have 391 words, post on minnesota.cbslocal.com at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.