close Video National forecast for Wednesday, July 8 Fox News senior meteorologist Janice Dean has your FoxCast. An area of disturbed weather over the Southeast is expected to get better organized over the next couple of days and possibly develop into the next tropical storm. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) in Miami said the “elongated” low-pressure system is located along the coast of northeastern South Carolina, producing a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms over the Atlantic. Over the next 48 hours, the NHC said as of 8 a.m. Wednesday, the system has a 60 percent chance of developing into a tropical cyclone. CORONAVIRUS AND HURRICANE SEASON: HERE’S WHY THE RED CROSS SAYS NOW IS THE TIME TO PREPARE The low-pressure system will move off the Mid-Atlantic coast Wednesday night into Thursday and could gain tropical characteristics as it moves northward, hugging the East Coast. The next tropical storm may develop off the East Coast over the next few days. (Fox News) The NHC said over the next five days, there’s a 70 percent chance of developing into a tropical depression or storm once over water on Thursday or Friday. Regardless if the system becomes a tropical storm, heavy rain, flooding, and… Read full this story
- At least three dead after powerful storms in Mid-Atlantic; heavy rain ahead triggers flooding concerns
- Hurricane Center increases tropical development chance of system headed toward Gulf
- Invest 90L: Tropical development chances increase, NHC says; path shifts slightly east
- Tropical development chance of system approaching Gulf increases to 50 percent: National Hurricane Center
- Driving the Mid-Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route in a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- Wet weekend expected as chances of tropical development increase
- SPECIAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK…POSSIBLE GOMEX SUB-TROPICAL DEVELOPMENT …ISSUED MAY 13, 2018…9:00 P.M. EDT
- Chances of Memorial Day Weekend Tropical Development Increasing
- The Economist on Armenian developments: "It looks more like a carnival than a revolution"
- Caribbean tropical moisture plume will bring threat of heavy rain to East Coast
Tropical system may develop off Carolinas, Mid-Atlantic; likely to become Fay have 336 words, post on www.foxnews.com at July 8, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.