(CNN)As Covid-19 infections continue to rise, many families are left explaining to children that the challenges of pandemic life — from missed social events to physical distancing — aren’t likely to end soon. But while this pandemic is unlike anything the world has faced in living memory, previous generations of children and youth have lived, grown and even thrived through great hardship. Their stories can be models of resilience, said children’s book author and librarian Glenda Armand. “You want to have role models for kids who are going through difficult times,” Armand said. “It gives them tools to cope with what’s going on, and shows that these times don’t last forever.” Armand, whose book “Love Twelve Miles Long” recounts the story of a young Frederick Douglass, noted that there are important lessons for today’s children in even the grimmest periods of history. Children’s book author and librarian Glenda Armand explored the importance of family bonds in “Love Twelve Miles Long,” featuring a young Fredrick Douglass and his mother as main characters. In a recent blog post, she wrote that her great-great grandfather Victor Jones Sr. was born into slavery, and that her writing for children about enslaved people is a… Read full this story
- Pune Times Kids Fashion Week Day 1: All about that swag and colourful designs
- Pune Times Kids Fashion Week Day 2: All the trendy designs and beautiful collections that made their way to the ramp!
- The Best Times to Book Holiday Flights All Around The World
- California will pay millions to settle claims it failed to teach children to read
- Trump's Evangelical Adviser Suggests Teaching Children That They're 'Accountable to God for Their Actions' Can Help Reduce Gun Violence
- Everywhere you look in Bougainville's Sivuna village, there are women and children. But hardly any men
- Ellen DeGeneres Says She’s ‘Grateful’ for ‘Hard Times’ in Her Life After Golden Globes Honor
- A Perfect Circle's Hard Rock Against Hard Times
- Jenny McCarthy Admits She's Had a 'Hard Time Convincing People' That She's 'Real'
- Hannah Brown is having a hard time finding love after celebrity dating app declines her request to join: 'Christian Mingle here I come'
Teaching your children resilience for hard times? These kids' books are all about it have 374 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.