By: KDKA-TV News Staff ALLEGHENY COUNTY, Pa. (KDKA) — Officials have recovered the body of a man from the Allegheny River after he went under the water at Washington’s Landing. Pittsburgh Public Safety officials say that the man’s body was pulled from the river around midnight Friday night. UPDATE: River Rescue’s @PghEMS divers located the male under the water and pulled him onto a dock at 12:01 a.m. Sadly, he was prounoucned dead. @PghPolice and PA Fish and Boat Commission will investigate. https://t.co/kMGwcWVqC6 — Pgh Public Safety (@PghPublicSafety) August 1, 2020 River rescue crews had been searching around the docks below the 31st Street Bridge since approximately 10 p.m. on Friday. (Photo Credit: KDKA) Police say the man, who is in his mid-20s, was docking and fell into the water. KDKA spoke with a man who’s part of the boating community at Washington’s Landing. He says he got calls that a “younger man” slipped and fell into the water. “Our hearts go out to the family,” said Roy Sparrow. “I’ve met them before, and our boat community is very, very tight around here. Everybody knows each other.” Pittsburgh Public Safety officials say that Pittsburgh Police and The Pennsylvania Fish and… Read full this story
- Body of missing man found in woods, police confirm
- Police find body after missing man appeal
- Police find body of missing man at Staffordshire beauty spot
- Body of missing man pulled from river
- Body of missing man 'found in wheelie bin'
- Body of missing man found near Castle Douglas marshland
- Police find body of missing man
- Body of missing man found dead in water near ponds
- Body of missing man found in woodland
- Body of missing man found at Normans Bay
River Rescue Officials Recover Body After Searching For Missing Man At Washington’s Landing have 302 words, post on pittsburgh.cbslocal.com at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.