The House Democrats’ report, “Solving the Climate Crisis,” is the most comprehensive response to the climate emergency in the history of Congress and no doubt was closely read by the Biden campaign before the release of their plan. The Democrats have taken up the mantle for what was once a bipartisan issue, reminiscent of the McCain-Lieberman Climate Stewardship Acts of the early 2000s. Unlike the original 2019 outline of the Green New Deal, this report takes coastal and ocean issues seriously. There are significant policy recommendations for electrifying U.S. ports, expanding offshore wind power and promoting living shorelines — like green infrastructure — in coastal areas, both to sequester carbon dioxide and promote climate resilience. This is a great start, given the pivotal role our public seas will play in addressing climate change and post-COVID-19 economic recovery (our current ocean economy is $373 billion). While the select committee was working on its report, our organizations were focused on bluing up the Green New Deal, working with maritime industries, ocean conservationists, communities-at-risk, youth activists and others to model the legislative and policy initiatives needed to restore the blue in our red, white and blue.ADVERTISEMENTWe have just released our Ocean Climate Action Plan (OCAP),… Read full this story
- A field guide to green: the outside groups that will be spending tens of millions in Minnesota this election season
- Takeaways from Election Day: A blue and pink wave sweeps over Colorado
- Red and blue: The toxic algae that are a key issue in Florida's midterm elections
- Cynthia Nixon Needs Black Voters. She's Trying. It May Not Be Enough.
- POLITICO Playbook PM: When a Democratic lawmaker raises money for a Republican incumbent …
- Lucas County GOP, Democrats look on at debate viewing parties
- Democrats target solid GOP seats in hope of a blue wave
- California GOP stronghold threatened by sea-level rise could flip Congress blue
- POLITICO Playbook: The House Democratic staffers you need to know
- Florida Insiders: ‘It’s all about Trump’ and ‘Bill Nelson may owe Andrew Gillum a pair of Hamilton tickets’ and ‘I need some scotch’
More blue is needed in the Democrats' Green Plan have 355 words, post on thehill.com at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.