MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minnesota Democrats are urging their local Republican counterparts to condemn President Donald Trump’s tweet Thursday suggesting the November election should be delayed. In a statement, DFL Party Chairman Ken Martin called for elected Republicans in Minnesota to denounce the president’s “dangerous and anti-democratic move.” Earlier Thursday morning, Trump questioned whether the November election should be postponed due to concerns over widespread voter fraud, particularly in regard to universal mail-in voting. In a series of tweets, the president claimed that universal mail-in voting could be easily influenced by foreign governments. With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote??? — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2020 In his statement, Martin pointed out that Trump’s tweets come as the country’s COVID-19 death count has surpassed 150,000 and the nation’s economy suffered the largest quarterly economic drop since the Eisenhower administration. Legally, the president does not have the power to change the date of an election. As for mail-in voting, only five states conduct their elections entirely… Read full this story
- If You Think 'The Official Donald Trump Jam' Is the Worst Song of the Week, You're Wrong
- Trump Suggests Clinton Took Performance-Enhancing Stimulants, Calls For Her to Undergo Drug Testing
- Russell Simmons Urges His Friend Donald Trump to Stop Destroying Peoples' Lives. Hm.
- Florida GOP Officials Discover That Their New Secretary Was Charged in Hammer Attack
- Big-Name Writers Sign Petition Condemning Trump and Swiftly Ending His Candidacy
- Bernie Sanders Condemns 'Trumps of the World' for Islamophobia in Wake of Brussels Attack
- Donald Trump Has Been Elected President of the United States
- U.S. Officials Claim Trump Associates May Have Coordinated With Russians
- Ivanka Trump Suggests That Her Father Will Honor the Results of the Election if He Loses
- Donald Trump Suggests Ad Campaign Will Prevent Opioid Addiction
Minnesota’s DFL Party Urges GOP Officials To Condemn Trump’s Suggestion To Delay The Election have 342 words, post on minnesota.cbslocal.com at July 30, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.