On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Bill Hemmer Reports,” Department of Justice Director of Communications and Public Affairs Kerri Kupec criticized Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler for rejecting law enforcement help from the federal government and accused the mayor of putting his “personal politics and violent anarchists and agitators over the safety and security” of the city’s residents.Kupec said, “I was particularly dismayed by the comments made by that Portland mayor, considering that, just over the weekend, a protester went after one of our U.S. Marshals with a hammer, hitting him over and over and over again. Protesters were surging federal buildings. They were armed with sledgehammers, with slingshots, with lasers. And the fact that you have elected officials, and I don’t care if you’re a Republican or a Democrat, but if you are an elected official and you are prioritizing your own personal politics and violent anarchists and agitators over the safety and security of the very people who elected you, that’s not leadership. That’s a disgrace.” Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- Would YOU take off in a 'flying coffin'? That’s what a US senator dubbed Boeing’s 737 MAX after two crashes killed 346. So as the fleet looks set to head back into the skies, TOM LEONARD asks, DID the company put profit before safety?
- Mayor says he’ll donate past Sondland campaign contributions
- Portland Police in Riot Gear Intervening in Anti-Trump Riots
- Portland Anti-Trump Rally Organizer Launches Fundraiser to Restore Damaged City
- Portland, Oregon, paramedics learn self-defense amid attacks
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf proposes 40 new police officers
- The DOJ is reportedly planning to push Facebook for backdoor access to encrypted messages
- Portland St. plays Indiana
- Hawaii squares off against Portland St.
- USC hosts Portland
DOJ Spox: Portland Mayor Putting ‘Anarchists and Agitators’ over Safety have 311 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 16, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.