(CNN)The Manhattan District Attorney’s office plans to drop charges against a man who was punched by a New York Police Department officer on a subway car, the office confirmed to CNN Wednesday night. “This individual was charged with Assault because the arresting officer reported an injury requiring medical attention subsequent to the arrest,” Manhattan District Attorney spokeswoman Caitlyn Fowles said in a statement Wednesday night. “After a thorough investigation, our prosecutor intended to offer the individual an Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal at his next court appearance. The District Attorney was provided with the available footage last night and determined that our office will advance the case for this purpose, dismiss the Assault charge, and offer an Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal for the remaining misdemeanor charge.” There’s a renewed call for police body cameras. Here’s why that may not be the right solution The Legal Aid Society had called for the charges to be dropped against their client, who is only identified as a 30-year-old named Joseph, citing body camera footage in the case. They also called for two NYPD officers to be fired after they were involved in what the group says was a brutal attack on an… Read full this story
- Prosecutors file motion to drop charges against Breonna Taylor's boyfriend
- Police charge man who allegedly broke in to the Australian Museum
- CHP Officer Honored For Saving Man From Whirlpool While Off-Duty
- Viral Video Of Man Pouring Cereal In Subway Sparks Outrage
- George Floyd death: Minneapolis mayor calls for police officer to face charges
- Ilhan Omar: Minnesota officer should be 'charged with murder' in George Floyd death
- Prosecutor to drop charge against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend
- Grand jury charges man with threatening to spread virus
- Minneapolis mayor calls for officer to be charged in George Floyd's death
- George Floyd's family calls for Minneapolis police officers to be charged: "This was clearly murder"
DA's office plans to drop charges against man who was punched by an NYPD officer on subway have 331 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 16, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.