An Ao Dai show during the 2018 Hue Festival (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA ) – Ao Dai (traditional long dress) has established itself as a cultural symbol connected with the image of Vietnamese women. The dress has seen significant changes through the years but its traditional characteristics have still been preserved, contributing to enhancing the charming beauty of Vietnamese women. Vietnamese soul and culture Over the past hundreds of years, Ao Dai has been an endless source of inspiration for movies, music and fine art, and part of the soul of Vietnamese people at home and abroad. The word "Ao Dai" has been included in the Oxford dictionary that explains Ao Dai is a Vietnamese woman's long-sleeved tunic with ankle-length panels at front and back, worn over trousers. In the mind of Vietnamese people and the eyes of international friends, Ao Dai is a symbol of Vietnamese culture and quintessence. The dress is worn on various occasions, from family gatherings to diplomatic events, art performances, festivals, especially the traditional Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday, fashion shows and beauty contests, both at home and abroad. Unlike traditional dresses of many other countries worldwide, it is not complicated to put on the… Read full this story
- How 'The Good Wife' used hair as a symbol of power
- Behind Coretta's Veil: Black Women and the Burdens of Loss
- Women in Philosophy: Why Spinoza and Feminism?
- U.S. Culture Wars Matter in the Middle East, Too
- Hearing Muslim Women's Voices at the Dergah
- ARTWORLD ROUNDTABLE: IS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION EVER OKAY?
- Was the suffragettes’ description of women as slaves justifiable? – Ana Stevenson
- The decade women got to wear the trousers! Even with Margaret Thatcher in No10, the early 1980s workplace was full of chauvinism, but then DOMINIC SANDBROOK writes, came female empowerment and men cooking dinner
- Why trans-inclusive language is no threat to cis women – Ray Briggs & B R George
- The new glampground: Inside one Texas hotel's shameless cultural appropriation
Ao Dai – a cultural symbol associated with Vietnamese women have 320 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 10, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.