We’re coming up on Week 12 of the Bay Area’s shelter-in-place order. One surefire way to help your favorite restaurant make it through quarantine is to buy takeout. In the South Bay and Peninsula, where many residents are either part of or adjacent to the tech industry, restaurants are experiencing a shift in business: People who’d previously dined at their workplace cafeterias are now eating restaurant meals more often, while a variety of organizations have stepped up to connect restaurants with people in need. Hopefully, this will spell more financial security for that region’s restaurant industry at a time when many are struggling to make ends meet. On that note, these are the restaurants in the South Bay and Peninsula that are great bets for takeout and delivery right now. — Soleil Ho Flea Street Cafe This restaurant, which has been at the forefront of the local and sustainable zeitgeist for 40 years, manages to do the near impossible: It makes takeout feel special. Flea Street offers a full menu and packs it up in a variety of compartmentalized compostable containers so food stays nice and neat. Included in all orders is an amuse bouche, a seasonal nibble plucked from… Read full this story
- The best food delivery apps of 2019
- Football: Clear Creek, Lutheran South, Bay Area Christian grab victories
- Political crisis in Venezuela holds up SA's Lucky Bay-to-Wallaroo ferry service
- The idyllic town with a murky secret: How Byron Bay has become the anti-vaxxer capital of Australia - as one mum claims a crackdown is 'unfair'
- The best films of 2019 so far
- Miss Katy, Miss Bay Area receive their crowns
- UTMB takes over old Bay Area Regional hospital, holds job fair
- India Vs South Africa: Rohit Sharma breaks Don Bradman's 71-year-old record; Umesh Yadav scores fastest Test 30
- South Africa's main opposition goes into a tailspin over racial issues
- 18 best family holiday destinations in Europe
The best takeout and delivery spots in the South Bay and Peninsula have 330 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.