OAK LAWN, IL — Not wanting to let Memorial Day pass by without acknowledging the sacrifices of military men and women because of a pandemic, Johnson-Phelps VFW Post 5220 will be holding a quiet virtual ceremony on Monday, May 25. The ceremony will be streamed live starting at 11 a.m. on the Oak Lawn Patch Facebook page at the veterans memorial behind the libary at 9427 S. Raymond Ave. (95th Street @ Raymond Avenue). While the VFW greatly appreciates residents who want to pay their respects to veterans past and present, please stay home. This will be a small gathering of under ten people, and will include a reading of names of recently deceased members from the post and ladies auxiliary, prayers, taps and a two-person color guard. “Why would you cancel Memorial Day,” said Rick Luemen, commander of VFW Post 5220. “The veterans didn’t take a day off to fight for your freedom.” Social distancing will be strictly observed and all participants will wear masks. And again, please stay home and watch the ceremony on Oak Lawn Patch’s Facebook page.
- Oscars to be held without a host again for 2020 ceremony
- Why Is ‘Solo’ Flying So Low At The B.O.? Memorial Day Opening Now At $103M – Monday Update
- Memorial Day 2015 Weekend Weather Forecast
- 10 Stress-Reducing Travel Hacks for Memorial Day Drivers in Massachusetts
- A snow-covered Memorial Day weekend awaits high-country travelers
- Marchers Sought For Memorial Day Parade
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after three days of controversy
- Oscars Forgo Host for 2020 Awards Ceremony: Everything You Need to Know About the Movie Gala
- 3rd Test: NZ Openers Show Fight After Labuschagne's Maiden Double Ton Gives Hosts Advantage on Day 2
- Get Two Years of Windscribe VPN for Less Than $45 for Memorial Day
Oak Lawn VFW To Host Virtual Memorial Day Ceremony have 302 words, post on patch.com at May 25, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.