BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Two more people have died from COVID-19 in North Dakota, bringing the total number of deaths to 56, state health officials said Wednesday. The female victims from Cass County were in their 70s and 90s and had underlying health conditions. The Department of Health said another 17 people have tested positive for the coronavirus since Tuesday, bring the total number of cases to 2,439. Cass County, which remains the epicenter of the state’s coronavirus outbreak, had 16 additional cases. Health officials say 64,901 people so far have tested negative for the virus. Forty people are currently hospitalized with the virus, the same number reported Tuesday. For most people, the coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia.
- North Dakota's First Solar Farm Opens on Standing Rock Tribal Land
- Marijuana not part of North Dakota's corporate farming ban
- North Dakota man who lost hand in sausage-making ordeal cut off own arm
- Trump tries to steer border wall deal to North Dakota firm
- Group finishes march in North Dakota to raise PTSD awareness
- The Maah Daah Hey Trail, North Dakota
- Update on Devil's Lake, North Dakota
- Robert Durst Faces New Lawsuit in Death of Wife
- North Koreans reportedly love their Samsung smartphones
- Vice Media reportedly settled 4 sexual harassment, defamation cases against employees
North Dakota reports 2 new COVID-19 deaths, 17 more cases have 251 words, post on www.sfgate.com at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.