HOOD RIVER, Ore. (AP) — Oregon officials disclosed Friday that a Hood River County pear-packing company is the site of the latest COVID-19 outbreak connected to the agriculture industry. Six employees of Duckwall Fruit have tested positive for coronavirus, the Oregon Health Authority said. Duckwall Fruit is the first employer identified by state officials after they announced Thursday that they would disclose workplace outbreaks of at least five infections, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported. The decision came after the state received heavy criticism for initially declining to identify Townsend Farms in Multnomah County, which has had two outbreaks since late April, totaling over 100 coronavirus cases. The investigation into the Duckwall Fruit outbreak started Friday, the state said. Officials say they are working with the business to address the outbreak and protect the health of workers. Duckwall Fruit has operated in the Hood River Vally since 1919, and ships pears to domestic and international customers, according to its website. A representative of Duckwall Fruit could not be reached for comment late Friday.
- 34 In PA Sickened In New Salmonella Outbreak Linked To Fruit: CDC
- 4 More People Have Died In The E. Coli Outbreak Linked To Romaine Lettuce
- Rockmelon farm linked to fatal outbreak of listeria starts selling fruit again - despite the disease taking up to 90 days to reveal symptoms
- Trader Joe's, Costco, Kroger, and Fresh Thyme remove egg products due to listeria outbreak after one person died and four others in multiple states were infected
- Clippers fined $50,000 because Doc Rivers said Kawhi Leonard is Jordanesque
- 'Please trust us': Rockmelon farmers facing financial ruin as sales drop 90 per cent after four people died from eating the fruit
- Fruit fly larvae reach Tasmanian shores on a Queensland mango
- Mysterious outbreak: 5 things to know about Elizabethkingia bacteria
- A hard-boiled egg recall expands to products sold at Walmart and Trader Joe's following a deadly listeria outbreak
- U.N. sued for 'bringing cholera to Haiti,' causing outbreak that killed thousands
Hood River COVID-19 outbreak linked to Duckwall Fruit have 334 words, post on www.sfgate.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.