The Chronicle’s Live Updates page documents the latest events in the coronavirus outbreak in the Bay Area, the state of California and across the U.S. with a focus on health and economic impacts. The San Francisco Chronicle’s ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 104,343 cases in California, including 4,003 deaths • 13,421 in the Bay Area, including 440 deaths. • More than 1.73 million in the U.S., including 102,201 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 29,951; New Jersey with 11,531; Massachusetts with 6,640; Pennsylvania with 5,464; and Michigan with 5,372. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 5.8 million in the world, with more than 362,000 deaths. More than 2.4 million people have recovered. Resources on COVID-19 and California’s reopening: Use our interactive page to track the state and Bay Area’s reopening by county. For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest updates from today: 2:51 p.m…. Read full this story
- San Francisco Man Says Demons Led Him to Cut His Grandmother’s Head Off
- On probation for stowaway attempts, woman flew from San Jose to LA sans ticket, officials say
- Heller’s San Francisco MP Says ‘Orderly Wind-Down’ in Progress
- San Francisco waits for mayor with two candidates deadlocked
- Live updates: Sloppy 49ers fall to Cardinals 28-18
- San Francisco leaders hate Trump enough they just voted to limit the city’s water rather than do this
- Those Chinese-language robocalls are a scam to get your bank information, officials say
- Needles, feces still litter San Francisco. Could a Governor Gavin Newsom fix it?
- London Breed Likely The Next Mayor Of San Francisco
- California state workers in L.A., San Francisco should be paid more, new report finds
Coronavirus live updates: Masks could be required until vaccine arrives, San Francisco official says have 333 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.