A Chechen migrant was arrested in the commune of Montereau-Fault-Yonne after dragging a police officer 60 feet with his vehicle while trying to escape a Wuhan coronavirus lockdown checkpoint.The 30-year-old Chechen national was intercepted by police in the Montereau industrial area and asked for his ID and driving licence after being pulled over by officers. The man was unable to produce either document and was told by a policeman leaning through his window he would be going to the police station. Instead, the Chechen turned his ignition key and accelerated, with the police officer being dragged along for sixty-five feet and another officer on the scene narrowly missing being hit, Le Parisien reports. After hitting a mound of earth, the Chechen migrant attempted to escape on foot and entered a disused warehouse in the industrial area. Officers called for reinforcements who encircled the warehouse and eventually arrested the 30-year-old. Following his arrest, the Chechen claimed he did not live in the area and was visiting family members. He is now under investigation for violence against a police officer, driving without a license along, and several other charges. He is not expected to be tried until January of next year, however. Chechen Arrested in Relation to… Read full this story
- Cash Is Queen: As Tweens Flock To “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” Retailers Follow
- 34 migrants intecepted in English Channel by UK Border Force
- English Channel migrant crossings: Calls for Navy to resolve 'major incident'
- Channel migrants: Patrols 'stepped up' after group of Iranians land on Kent beach
- Banks dragging feet over safeguard against frauds
- Even with anti-virus options, most users should stay put
- Macron: Google can't escape copyright laws
- Google Can't Escape Copyright Laws: France's Macron
- A French Fry Gets Soggy in 5 Minutes. This Company Wants to Keep It Crispy for 60
- Former Volkswagen Boss Dragged Feet In Emissions Scandal, Says Judge
Chechen Migrant Drags French Policeman Over 60 Feet to Escape Virus Check have 322 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 9, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.