(CNN)On Thursday night during a virtual fundraiser, former Vice President Joe Biden floated a very scary notion. “Mark my words: I think he is gonna try to kick back the election somehow, come up with some rationale why it can’t be held,” Biden said of President Donald Trump. THE POINT — NOW ON YOUTUBE! In each episode of his weekly YouTube show, Chris Cillizza will delve a little deeper into the surreal world of politics. Click to subscribe! Big deal! After all, if Trump can “kick back” the 2020 election, what’s to say he won’t cancel it altogether? Here’s the thing: No matter what Biden says — or what Trump says — there’s very, very, very little chance of the November election being either delayed or canceled. The first thing to know is that a general election isn’t like a primary in a state. Read More Postponing primaries — as we have seen lots of states do amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic — is doable. Primaries are state-run elections, meaning that the state has wide latitude to change or adjust primary voting as they see fit. While postponing a primary isn’t easy, and there are massive logistical challenges to doing… Read full this story
- Could Donald Trump be impeached after 'disgraceful' news conference with Vladimir Putin?
- Donald Trump calls Roseanne Barr to congratulate her on sitcom reboot
- Stormy Daniels is emerging as the feminist hero from the Donald Trump affair
- Donald Trump routinely humiliates whomever he pleases. But the day is coming when the tables will turn
- Donald Trump’s Scottish golf course hidden fees highlight how companies are screwing us over all the time
- Donald Trump has stayed silent on the Russian threat because he fears Putin's juicy 'kompromat'
- Mexico border wall: Why is Donald Trump deploying the National Guard?
- Donald Trump denies knowing lawyer paid Stormy Daniels $130,000, in first public statement on scandal
- Donald Trump asks ‘why did you wait?’ after CIA delayed drone strike to prevent civilian casualties
- Michelle Obama compares Donald Trump to neglectful parent who lets children 'eat candy all day'
Why Donald Trump can't just move the November election have 361 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 24, 2020. This is cached page on USA Posts. If you want remove this page, please contact us.